tie rod chevy or ford

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Wallbanger

does it matter if its a chevy or ford when your looking for tie rods? I know that the taper degree matters. I have a a front end that I'm running out of a 50s ford and plan on running a tie rod and drag link set up. having a hard time finding a 49 inch tie rod for a ford. a 4x4 place up the road might have some chevys. could i just swap the ends if the taper is off.? are the thread different?

I have been known to splice tie rods to get what I need!!!...:eek: or even have one custom made...:eek: [Ron Pope motorsports???]

I am not certain on that, my guess is that the tierods are different either in taper, length or both, as I have not seen them as an interchange for other vehicles.

I would suspect the tie rod taper is different. I have had Chevy spindle arms that I had to retaper to the Ford 7 degree taper, and the hole is much bigger.

Don

4x4 possibility!

The guy right up the road said he probably has serving he just wants mOre measure ments . Can't wait to dig through that spare parts pile

Latest posts

Back