What do you say to someone.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOT40ROD

I had a bunch of rears on my truck and stop by my friends homes. He was starting a project. So I said I have the ranger 8.8 on the truck it you need it for your project you can use it. So I dropped it off and his garage.

He decided to go with another rear and he did not need the rear I dropped off. So a couple of weeks went by and I decided that I would go back and pick the rear up and put it in storage with the rest of the rear. That same day I stop be his garage and I could not find it anywhere so I left. A couple a day later I called him an asked him were the rear was. He said he junked it.

Man I said he could use it but I figure that went he decided not to use it he would give it back. It kind of made me mad, but what do you say went someone does this?

Oh and every part I got from him I had to pay for.

Don't say anything just quit being a one sided friend [S
If he's goin to charge you for his stuff :( then you charge him for your stuff :)

Jim

A freind of mine bought a stock 67 fairlane from my brother for $4500 that had a 460 swapped into it.

My brother had "borrowed" my 9" posi from a 69 mustang to see if it would fit.

when Scott picked up the car he thought the rear end came with it but my brother told him no it was mine and my buddy was sore like he got screwed so I told him he could use it if he needed it.

AND!!!!!!!!!!

The 460 in the car had been vandalized and had **** in a couple of the cylinders and wasted cylinder walls

SO I GAVE Scott the good 460 out of my 76 f350 I bought for parts when I put a 460 into my 77 f150....and it turned out to be a 4 bolt main 460...

So Scott and I get the engine in his car and he later sells it for $5800-$6,000

and I see the 9" laying there

and I say if your not using that, I'd like it back so i can use it on what I bought it for.

And the mf'er says sure...$400
I said wtf? I let you use that... I didn't charge you anything for it
And he says well that's what they go for.

On top of it all before he sold it, he was bitching about how my brother screwed him on the car and I told him let's go to the bank right now, I know what you have in it and I'll give you a grand over what you spent just to shut you up about it.

freinds

we all have friends like that:mad:

l have given a crap load a parts to one of my friends l have known since 1976 'cause he needed them and was short on cash.

a few years later he has a good job and sell parts on the side and l need a set of headers, so he says for 50 bucks there your'es. l asked about all the parts over the years l gave him and his answer was " l am running my parts as business and can't give'm away''.

so when he wants something l have l tell him l will sell it to him and the response l get is thats not fair, gotta love those one sided friendships:rolleyes:

I don't think that is much of a friendship... Don't take this wrong but stop being his fool! If he builds rats I would bet he sold it to someone else why would anyone just junk a 8.8? you sound like a great guy and you can still be a great guy just not to him, forget you know him.

I had a friend like that. He is a horse trader from way back, always has a wad of cash in his pocket and brags about how much money he made that day on some car that he bought for peanuts and turned for big money. I gave him stuff I didn't need, but when I got something from him I always paid. He felt since he was charging me less than he would charge a "non friend" that he was giving me a smokin' deal.

I don't see much of him any more. :D

Don

Ain't it the truth....

had a "friend" buy a car from me that I had up for sale at 4500....he was waining poverty, needed the car to get to work and could I cut him a deal....like a JA I did....I had about 2000 into into it so I sold it for 2300....two weeks later he sells the car for 4500....said he needed the money more than the car....I don't hold grudges but we don't speak much anymore....

Like anything else, I don't loan money unless I can afford to lose it. Back in the 70's, I had friends to die for. We were like brothers, but alas, they went to prison. Now I have acquaintances. Now that my friends are out of prison, they are too far away to hang out with (sigh), however, we do e-mail each other regularly.

had a buddy do that to me,I dropped of a good motor to him for his truck was a trade for a bike he was going to get,He decided not to rebuild the truck took it to the scrap along with the motor and I never got the bike was ****ed but not i just make sure he keeps up his end of the deal first that all you can do

I know a few guys that think their crap is gold and expect me to pay that. I don't even bother dealing with them.

This fits this topic: A co-worker was discussing with us how he loaned his fiance $900 and couldn't decide how much interest he should charge her! True love there...

The whole thing just hit me funny. Right now he has my metal brake and spot welder. maybe I should go get it back before he scraps that.

The whole thing just hit me funny. Right now he has my metal brake and spot welder. maybe I should go get it back before he scraps that.

I'd definitely go get them. Then right as you're leaving make the remark 'I was afraid you might scrap them...."

You'll be lucky if he doesn't charge you for them :mad:
Do not let another day go by without going and getting your stuff [S
I also think you sound like a good person and he's playin you for a fool :(

Jim

Here my 2 cents, my 10 cents is free, a nuisance, who sent, you sent for me or something like that.

I have had alot of buds like that, back in the day (back in the day, I'm not old enough to be back, let alone in the day) use to pi$$ me off and well didn't always end well. finally just cut my loses and barrowed my stuff back and just would not deal with them. I still talk to alot of them but I will not let anything out the door anymore and if I do I have cash in hand first. I'm not a a$$ about thing but there are just somethings I can do without and people like that, I can do with out.

I don't have any friends...just acquaintances. Just kidding.....when I give/sell/lend parts out, I don't expect to ever see it back. If I don't get all or any money in my hand immediately for something I'm selling, I don't expect I'll ever see it. Makes life a little easier...

that guy is NOT your friend.
friends dont %#@$ you over
EVER.
get all of your stuff back from him now.
no more free stuff.
and i like the "before you scrapped it" comment.
keep your relationship with this erm.... person.
on a strictly cash basis.

Latest posts

Back