What hinders you from workin on your project?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gearhead10

I been lookin at my IH lately and thinkin "man I need to get on it". Last time I did any thing on it was last April, then summer started and grass to mow, demo derby car to build, landscaping project, harvest time, and my latest is remodling a room in my house. And of course kids activities, and that I wouldn't miss out on anyway. I have gotten the trans rebuilt for it and decided not to channel the floor, since it sits pretty low already. But I need to do some heavy wrenchin cuz Id like to get it driveable ,not nesessarilly legal, but drivable this summer. So anyone else in RRR land have a list that seems to push your project off to the side, just wondering [S

Honestly I can make all kinds of excuses, but I've been very lazy of late!!
I haven't done hardly anything to the 40 in 3 weeks!!
Gonna have to get off my butt and do something!!

Always seems to be another task that pops up...

Something in, under or around the house breaks, leaks, sags, falls, creeks, groans, needs paint, needs patching, needs replacing....why is it we all want to be homeowners so badly???[S Holidays, birthday parties, work, more work, somebody needs help...I guess the list could go on and on but ultimately the time is used for other more pressing issues....Can't say I get lazy, but I do get frustrated at how little time I can really spend...then when I do get some time, it's interupted by something...personally, I sometimes feel a bit guilty about spending time and (money for that matter) on myself / project...I know it sounds a bit odd.....I work for it, save for it and all but it's for me and doesn't really benefit my family....guess it's something I will always deal with....I wonder, does anybody else feel guilty about the same???

For me it's mostly work lately. Currently on a project three counties away so now it takes 14 hours out my day from the time I leave for work till I get home :( Doesn't leave much time once you factor in the fatigue and hunger :eek:

Another thing that gets in my way sometimes is side jobs......and that's a 'catch 22' cause one of the main reasons I take side work is to get money for my Willys [S:confused:

Kind of hard to make time for anything....

For me it's mostly work lately. Currently on a project three counties away so now it takes 14 hours out my day from the time I leave for work till I get home :( Doesn't leave much time once you factor in the fatigue and hunger :eek:

Another thing that gets in my way sometimes is side jobs......and that's a 'catch 22' cause one of the main reasons I take side work is to get money for my Willys [S:confused:

Working 14 hours with drive time.....:eek:

Zero degrees stops me. Guilt? Not really, I don't spend much money. Maybe a little guilty about spending too much time?

Work is my primary hinder. I do seem to always get into the shop on either Saturday or Sunday and spend most of the day. But working 7am - 6pm makes it hard to get to the shop during week days.

-Troy

Getting older is kinda putting a damper on the enthusiasm for me a little. There are so many days I could go to the shop and do something, even clean up, but it is too easy to sit in this chair and surf the web.

Summer here is also a bummer because it isn't much fun to work in the shop when it is 98 degrees and sweat is running into your work.

Don

Mainly travel... mine sits in a barn about 40 miles from me, and I half the time don't feel like driving down to it. Other than that, when I get moving on it and get motivated I will go like hell for a while, until I get to the point that it needs money again, then I stall for a while until I can't stand it anymore and think about driving it. Then I will blow a wad of cash on it and start again.

all of the above probably..I try to run a smalltime weld/fab business out of my shop, and with the new 4 month old, I feel pretty guilty spending time and or money "playing" in the shop..not so much when I have a paying job out there though..

Latest posts

Back