what makes you post?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornfield customs

looking around on the site and i notice there are tons of threads that get non, or very few posts except by the OP. while other threads that are similar get swamped with replies. just curious to why that is.............

i post in threads that i feel i can add to the discussion, or encourage a build. granted i dont post a ton but i do try to post. and i try to stay out of posts with a ton of drama.

what do the rest of you think?

I hit this site every day I'm home. Most of the time it's just to see what others have to say about my favorite subject....cars. If I see something that particularly interests me, or if I have something positive to add, then I chime in. Of course I love taking pics so when I go to a show or something else car related, I like to share some of the cool stuff with everyone here, and in return I enjoy seeing pics of cool stuff.

So I guess I had something to say about this thread :D

I post when I see something that is fresh and out of the box, I like to let builders know that their work is great and try to encourage them to keep going and to post pics when they can. I also like to let a builder know when they have taught an old dog new tricks!

P. S. Cornfield customs Your skills are great!

Often times it depends on the Title of the Thread. A vague title gets fewer looks. I don't open every new thread every day.

Usually, the more pictures, the more comments.

I'll leave a comment sometimes just because no one else has - lets the guy know someone is paying attention. Sometimes I don't leave a comment because the guy obviously knows what he is doing or does it for a living and doesn't need my encouragement.

Most of the time I crack wise when I should probably keep it to myself - which covers 2/3 of my posts.

Often times it depends on the Title of the Thread. A vague title gets fewer looks. I don't open every new thread every day.

Usually, the more pictures, the more comments.

I'll leave a comment sometimes just because no one else has - lets the guy know someone is paying attention. Sometimes I don't leave a comment because the guy obviously knows what he is doing or does it for a living and doesn't need my encouragement.

Most of the time I crack wise when I should probably keep it to myself - which covers 2/3 of my posts.

Yup, me too. Sometimes I post just because it appears the OP needs a little encouragement, and sometimes just because I like the OP...as in this case.

No replies says a lot. Not sure what it is but sometimes something will trip my trigger. I never post negative comments though. I would hate to discourage someone. Thats why for the most part I like RRR.

smiley-signs138.gif

I've been cought up in some of the drama lately, and am planning on correcting that!!
I usually post when I think I can add to an idea or whatever, but have discovered there are many many on here with tons more knowledge than me!
So it's also a good learning device, and I seem to learn something every day!

I also try not to post negative, but have slipped up on that a time or two also! One thing I have learned from making an original post is, nothing, and I mean NOTHING is worse than NO ONE adding to you're thread!!

So if you see a post that I started, PLEASE feel free to respond, if I didn't want a response I wouldn't put it on here!!

BTW this was a good question!!

One other thing, sometimes I TRY to inject some humor into a situation!

Last edited:
thanks fellas for the replies. it is hard to keep posting when people dont add to it. seems like no one cares about the thread (especially build threads). also a lot of threads end when i post lol it is like that on a few of the forums i am on, i figured i was cursed lol

If the first post answers the OPs question then I tend to skip on to another post but if not and I think I can add somthing or give a different prospective I will.

As a kid in school I got in trouble ALL the time for talking to others, talking to myself, humming or singing. I just couldn't shut up. My kids were the same way! Must be in the jeans!!! [ddd:eek::D

BoB

thanks fellas for the replies. it is hard to keep posting when people dont add to it. seems like no one cares about the thread (especially build threads). also a lot of threads end when i post lol it is like that on a few of the forums i am on, i figured i was cursed lol

I wouldn't worry about it CC. I've started threads that had zero replies or was the last person to post in a thread. I'm married so I'm used to being ignored though:p. I think folks enjoy viewing but just don't reply in many cases.

it is hard to keep posting when people dont add to it. seems like no one cares about the thread (especially build threads). also a lot of threads end when i post lol it is like that on a few of the forums i am on, i figured i was cursed lol

Most build threads usually end when the builder quits posting to the thread. Seems you think your posts deserve more responses. Most people post to document their progress and as motivation to get er done!

ISore

As a kid in school I got in trouble ALL the time for talking to others, talking to myself, humming or singing. I just couldn't shut up. My kids were the same way! Must be in the jeans!!! [ddd:eek::D

BoB

You had itchy pants? (you mean 'genes') :D:D:D

i dont think i deserve anything more than anyone else. just bringing up a point. i see it on other peoples threads as well as my own.

just an observation that i was curious to why

And I though I was the only one with the dead thread curse. I do have three of my own build threads going and with the amount of post it is hard to try to keep up with my threads let alone other thread I have posted in. I do alot of veiwing threads and noticed with the build threads most guys are weekend builders and it is hard to balance a job and a build so posting is slow. But luckly there are a few full time builders on the site that alot of guys will veiw to see how things are done and migth post a question then just veiw the thread from there on. Now that I have been here on the site and getting a round it more and also getting replies to my threads I'll go back every once in awhile and pop over to the threads of the other guys and drop a few works on thier builds just to let them know I watching their builds to. One thing is for sure to is easy to get overwhelmed watching some of the builds and feeling not up to the same level and just not wanting to add anything. And realy I dont know what I'm doing or I migth mess up.

Latest posts

Back