Where do you live?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
It has been 2 months since surgery and I have only been out of the house once. It struck me as to what I have been missing. Here are pictures of things in my area of the country.

My place is located on the edge of the desert within 30 min. of the Rocky Mountains. I am 10 min. away from the Colorado National Monument. Large rock cliffs coming up out of the desert floor, that step up a few more times to become mountains. It is a pretty cool place.
Where do you live.

Attachments

• me and jim.jpg
    me and jim.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 45
  • me and shelby.jpg
    me and shelby.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 39
  • me gunnison river.jpg
    me gunnison river.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 27
  • me on a rock.jpg
    me on a rock.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 31
  • mesa verde.jpg
    mesa verde.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 37
That is one of the most gorgeous parts of the country, if not the world, in my opinion. Just the starkness of the rocks and all is amazing. When we moved back from California we drove through the painted desert and all that, and your pictures remind me of that area. Breathtaking.

While I love Florida, I can't say it is architecturally a pretty State. Yeah, the palm trees. water, and beaches are nice, but it is pretty flat and the trees are not real trees like you see in other places. I am drawn to areas like you pictured, I did a past life regression one time and supposedly I was a lineman in the old west in a previous life. :D Don't laugh, everything else the lady told me was right on the mark..........long story.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your pictures.

Don

Those are breathtaking views Bonehead. I live in Southeast Florida. I'm about 10 minutes from a nice view of crack town and about 5 minutes away from the closest traffic jam. It's not really all bad though if you like the beaches. I just don't care for the multitudes of people packed into such a small area with all of the crime and parasites that tend to congregate here.

I would rather be nearer to hills or mountains and trees and such, acres away from my closest neighbor.

about 3 miles south of the Jupiter lighthouse , unfortunately the illegal alien smugglers are now using the lighthouse to navigate from the Bahamas to drop illegals , they catch a boatload about every 2 weeks......:(

Attachments

• jlight2.jpg
    jlight2.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 29
  • jlight19.jpg
    jlight19.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 30
Oh , by the way the lighthouse is built on the only hill that I am aware of in south Florida , unless you count the landfill that we call mount trashmore :rolleyes:

I visit Brother in Florida as often as I can, and alway enjoy the area while I am there. Palm trees and the beach, are pretty cool. I scuba and snorkle, so I like the Keys area. But I like coming back here too.

Attachments

• aspens.jpg
    aspens.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 15
Great pics everybody. I live in Ohio - "The Heart of it All" Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Pro Football Hall of Fame, Summit Racing, Ol' Skool Rodz, and of course the Cleveland Browns. Around where I live, its like we were lost in time. We still have small towns where everybody knows everybody. Its like Walton's Mountain. We still have drive-in movies and full service gas stations, Hot dog shops and Soda fountians. Lots of trees and rolling hills. Its no surprise to have to pass a couple of big tractors or someone riding their horse right there on the road. We have clean air and can see all the stars at night. Oh yeah and also the number one ranked college football team in the nation! Ive been all over and I can honestly say, there is no place quite like rural Ohio.

images.jpg

Hell hole!

Well, after seeing those beautiful pictures... it's as I thought!!! I live in a virtual hell hole! I cry!!!

BoB

I am at the out skirts of the Smokey Mountains,Sevier county Tn. 16 miles from all the rod runs/car shows in Pigeon Forge.
Tim

Allright Mr. Gussett!:D Glad to see another worthless nut. What the heck do ya do with a buckeye anyway!? GO BROWNS!

As it says in my heading, Elizabethtown, Ky. We're about 45 miles S of Louisville, home of the Kentucky Derby & the NSRA Nationals. Locally, I'm 10 miles S of Fort Knox & the Gold Depository & 10 miles N of Hodgenville which is the birthpalce of Abraham Lincoln. As a retired soldier, I've been all over the world & I could have retired in worse places.:D

i live in mesa,arizona home of....well im about 15 miles from the capital of arizona(phoenix) im 1 hour away from snow in the winter and close to lakes and rivers for summer time fun....tons of places for off roading

a growing rat rod/rockabilly crowd tons of car shows and swap meets
endless street construction we have our fair share of crime(being a border state) but mostly its pretty cool

Yep another useless nut here Mr. Gussett and Hotrodron. Plenty of tractors and horses on the road around here to. If we want something we also have to go to town about five miles. Oh well I can see the stars at night and the smallmouth Bass fishin is great.

Wow i got to say Bonehead that is really beautiful country out there. Those pics very great! As far west as I've been is new Mexico and i didn't want to come home.

I hate to say where i live. But anyway i live on the out skirts of Mobile Al about 6 miles from the Mississippi line nothing but a few pine & oak tree's around here. I live out in the sticks well it used to be its growing up so fast out here now. We now have a walmart a few miles down the road now so no telling whats next lol .

Latest posts

Back