Wide Whites

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

Hello all, I'm lookin to buy a set white walls for my project and wanted to see what some of you run. A friend of mine has a set of B.F.G. 820-15's with a 3-5/8" white wall. I'm lookin for any pics you got of 3" and bigger whites, preferably on a '49 or later car.

wide whites

Hello all, I'm lookin to buy a set white walls for my project and wanted to see what some of you run. A friend of mine has a set of B.F.G. 820-15's with a 3-5/8" white wall. I'm lookin for any pics you got of 3" and bigger whites, preferably on a '49 or later car.

i saw an article on internet or in a magazine where they took a die grinder
& made there own wide whites. they started at the edge of the factory white wall & ground off the black rubber & there was about 2-3 inches of white wall
underneath the black rubber. this is not a BS tale.they fabbed up a little jig
and took off the black rubber & it had white underneath. it can save u money
try it on an old tire to be safe. i think i still have the mag.

i saw an article on internet or in a magazine where they took a die grinder
& made there own wide whites. they started at the edge of the factory white wall & ground off the black rubber & there was about 2-3 inches of white wall
underneath the black rubber. this is not a BS tale.they fabbed up a little jig
and took off the black rubber & it had white underneath. it can save u money
try it on an old tire to be safe. i think i still have the mag.

RRR has a thread for that.
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1201&highlight=wide+white+walls

thanks for the posts, but I was looking for pics of whitewalls any of you guys are runnin on you're rides. I'm lookin at a set a friend of mine has in his garage and was just wantin ti see what looks good.

I've seen some ground white walls up close. They look good while they're rollin, but otherwise they have a ruff look to 'em. Cheap solution for a daily though.

1950 Studebaker with Cokers

DSC_0002a-1.jpg

51 F1 with "grinders".

001-26.jpg

1934 Ford with Remingtons

057.jpg

I Made a set of grinders on my s10. I built a few years ago. Firstone fr380 got them for $20 a piece. Its nice to get things at cost being a mechanic.

IMG_0422.jpg

Here is my 47' Ford coupe. It has a 8" wide front wheel and a 10" rear. I had stockton wheel company custom make my wheels. The tires are a radial cooper cobra, fronts are 205/70r15 with a 2 1/2 inch white wall. The rear is a 275/60r15 and is a 3 inch white wall. The tires were custom made by Diamond Back tire. I ordered the wheels with a chrome outer and raw center and then painted the center cobalt blue. I am running stockton wheels spyder center cap.

Attachments

• IMG00260.jpg
    IMG00260.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back