Widen fenders or reduce rear wheel width?!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Ok guys... I wanna run the rear fenders & can't decide whether to widen them or go with a wheel that's not so wide... what say ye?!? This motor will already roast these big boys at will! :eek:

BoB

Attachments

• fenders.jpg
    fenders.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 90
I agree with the widen the fenders option....but I think you have to watch how far you go with it. Personally, I think if you go to wide, it won't be as "aesthetically appealing"

I'm a fat tire addict. I vote widen. (That was easy to say).

How much wider? 2 inches? 4? The stock fender is fairly slim, so a couple inches should look just right IMO.

Okay I know I don't have fenders :eek:

But I like a little tire hanging out.......

453silverhubLarge.jpg

LoadofflooringtirerubLarge.jpg

.....I'd widen the fenders out to the last tread groove and let the roll of the sidewall hang out. :cool:

And yes the tire is rubbing in that last pic......there's a porch floor stacked on the bed. :eek:

I agree with Gastrick. Wider fenders sometimes look out of place....not all the time though...its a tough call. Nothing cooler looking than big tires under the rear without hanging outside! Just my 2¢

I vote for stock rear fender, artillery wheels with a taller tire in back then the front, this gives you great hot rod style that never goes out of favor.

I like it how it is, but if you have to change it, I think that tire size is good, maybe a little too narrow, so maybe narrow the rear end and a slightly wider tire?

Wider is gooder. I'd take conduit cut to length as spacers and leave a gap tween the bedside and fender. Would make a place for all that tire smoke to go[dr and make tire chang'n easier...
Just my .02cents. BTW really cool truck ya gotz there..

Latest posts

Back