You ever sell something and then feel "What a relief"???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikec4193

I know this is off topic but I had this Willys Jeep for 202 days this year...when I finally got it sold (last Sunday)...I felt like what a relief to see it leave...I poured my heart and soul and wallet into it...but when it was leaving it was like a weight was lifted off my chest...

I did not dislike it as far as projects go...but darn I feel so much better now that it is gone from the yard...

Anybody else sell a project and it felt like a weight had been lifted???

Attachments

• IMG_20241006_080222864.jpg
    IMG_20241006_080222864.jpg
    142.9 KB
Happened to me a couple times but not with cars. Recently I had some airstone we bought for a project that my Wife decided she wanted to go a different way. Had 6 boxes taking up space and couldn't return it. Finally a guy on market place bought it. Lost some money on the deal but was really tired of moving it around. Jim

Absolutely, about six months ago I bought a 63 Chevy C10 to flip and it stayed around too long but, in the end made a few bucks.

I know this is off topic but I had this Willys Jeep for 202 days this year...when I finally got it sold (last Sunday)...I felt like what a relief to see it leave...I poured my heart and soul and wallet into it...but when it was leaving it was like a weight was lifted off my chest...

I did not dislike it as far as projects go...but darn I feel so much better now that it is gone from the yard...

Anybody else sell a project and it felt like a weight had been lifted???
Yes I sold a nice 1929 ford (Chevy powered 327) and always wished I keep it.

i built a 39 Dodge truck. Got it running then found out I didn't fit in it very well, so we decided to sell it.
But then the transmission messed up. $1500 later it was moving again, so we planned on taking it to a few shows where I was sure it would sell.
Then Covid hit, and all the shows were shut down.
When that was over, I had it parked at my son's place (state highway, more exposure. Sat there until June, lots of tire kickers. So we took it to a car show. it got lots of attention, but no buyers.
Parked it at my son's again, and a guy stopped by and bought it! He told me he had been watching it all summer, but then when it wasn't there he was pretty mad at himself. As soon as it showed up again, he had to buy it so he didn't miss out on it.

He put some changed the tires & wheels and enjoyed it for a couple years, then sold it to a different guy that is also enjoying it. It was a great truck, and a bunch of fun to drive, if only my knees were wrapped around the steering wheel.
I was pretty happy to see it leave, but its close enough I still get to see it rolling around on the streets.
P1010215.JPG
P1010216.JPG

I've built over 20 in the 28 years I've been retired. The odd one is my Anglia which I've had for about 50 years. I now have 7 vehicles that I have built and one project. That means I have sold several. I don't really miss them because my focus and excitement is always on the next project.

Yeah, I sold a project once, and man, what a relief!It was my old '52 Chevy.At first, I was kind of bummed 'cause I put so much into it, but once it was outta the garage, I felt like I could finally move on to something new.
Letting go can be shard, but sometimes it’s exactly what you need;).

Latest posts

Back