1925 Dodge Coupe a.k.a. "Big Dodge"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
24dodge, I really like your suggestion. If I ever get the steering installed, I'll concentrate on a way to do what you suggested.

Well, 24dodge, I took your suggestion of incorporating Leo's eye flames into the car. I went to my car art guru Kathy Weeks and she mad a sticker that I put on an aluminum disc and mounted it to the steering wheel. I hope Leo doesn't mind looking at himself when he's driving! Go back to Page 5 of this build for the photo Kathy used when creating the sticker. I'm really impressed with her work.
2008_0617box0010.jpg

2008_0624box0012.jpg

I took Big Dodge for a 100 yard drive a week ago. The Toyota FJ steering box (eBay item) was junk. Must have been under water. Leo had bought a reversed Corvair (iron) box so I installed that. No more cowl steering. The new steering works quite well. Only problem is a wide turning raduis because I didn't bend the steering arms for more dropped axle clearance. It should be ok though. It's been around the block a few times. Leo drove it and seemed quite pleased that it was finally driveable. It looks really good from this distance!

2008_0624box0001.jpg

Moving in a little closer, it still looks pretty good. Next task is door bumpers. They rattle like crazy on bumps.

2008_0624box0002.jpg

I'll drive it to the gas station tomorrow and see how it does at highway speeds. If you don't see any more posts from me, you'll know we crashed and burned!

2008_0624box0004.jpg

Going away, the big Hoosiers stand out. I'm going to put the Hurst slicks from my International on it just to see what it looks like. I post a pic in a few days to see what RRR member thinks of each wheel/tire arrangement.

Great job!!!

Bob,
Man... that car really looks great! Outta be a blast to dive around & will get *plenty* of attention!!! Great job & great tribute! I love the current wheel combo!!!

BoB

Awesome Build...

Bob, what an awesome build.
I finally got a chance to read the whole build thread (slow day in Russia).
Car looks awesome, and your buddy is quite a character.
Hope he gets to enjoy the car for awhile.. '22

Thanks for the kind remarks everyone. It's an honor and a great pleasure to be a part of RRR. Today I drove it on the highway (50mph) for the first time. Except for lots of rattles, it rode and handled well. My Wednesday lunch buddies even liked it, and they're a tough bunch! The off-idle flat spot even seems to be going away without any super tuning by me. I realized I haven't put any mirrors on it when I was looking around for cops!

NICE looking car.
icon14.gif

Love the Hoosiers,but I think you have them swapped side for the.
The tread pattern is "supposed" to go the other way.

Unk, There's no arrows the tires to guide this old man. You are no doubt right, like tractor tires, eh?

Latest posts

Back