1936 ihc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ion bro!! I am doin allt he same stuff right now with my brake lines and fuel line LOL and gonna try my hand at wiring after those are done feeelin a bit nervous about the wiring never been good at that kinda stuff but I have plenty of time to learn :) Good luck on yours it's lookin killer!!!!

Ty,
What did you use to drill out the oil filler tube? I've got to do the same thing and I would normally take it to the machine shop for that.
Thanks,

-Troy

Troy,
I started with 1 1/8" hole saw and then reamed it out to a press fit. What are you doing for bodywork/paint? I'm up in the air about it.

Tell me if anyone like this idea. Thinking about painting my truck. Gonna mask off the rusty top and tape down, cutting drip/run like cut outs in the tape. I've painted Bikes before making them look like they have torn paint. Kind using that idea in a patina fashion. In the end i want it to look like it had paint and sat in the weather.

Tell me if anyone like this idea. Thinking about painting my truck. Gonna mask off the rusty top and tape down, cutting drip/run like cut outs in the tape. I've painted Bikes before making them look like they have torn paint. Kind using that idea in a patina fashion. In the end i want it to look like it had paint and sat in the weather.

Sounds pretty cool!!! I say go with it :)

I'm just not wanting to do any body work. Where there is dents i'll scuff that area to make it look like it's an original oops. And i don't want to trash myself out every time i get in or lean against it. Thanks LuckyDevil. Maybe when we get these beaters done we can meet halfway for a beer or 2,3,4,5.......etc.

I'm just not wanting to do any body work. Where there is dents i'll scuff that area to make it look like it's an original oops. And i don't want to trash myself out every time i get in or lean against it. Thanks LuckyDevil. Maybe when we get these beaters done we can meet halfway for a beer or 2,3,4,5.......etc.

Right on!! That's be cool!! I like meeting people from these forums :) I'll stick with DEW tho I don't drink anymore bad things happened to me a long time ago so now I don't drink anymore :) But I am definately up for meetin up when we get'em on the road for sure!!!

Troy,
I started with 1 1/8" hole saw and then reamed it out to a press fit. What are you doing for bodywork/paint? I'm up in the air about it.

I have some sheet metal work / body work to do then I'm going to paint it. More than likely a flat/satin deep red...like Buick Red. Still not 100% on it...might do two tone with black and deep red.

I'm going to attempt to drill out the oil filler hole myself...did you have any issues with it?

-Troy

Thought i'd throw out some bones for you guys to chew on. LOL Engines back in along with trans. Ran the trans lines and mounted the cooler.
36IHRatRod001-3.jpg

36IHRatRod002-4.jpg

36IHRatRod004-2.jpg

36IHRatRod003-3.jpg

Lookin' good

Wow! I love the way you truck is turning out. Great craftsmanship and look. Glad to see you are able to work through your health issues. Keep at it as you can. We want to see those pictures of your ride on the road. Steve

I cut it as per instructions with the speedway kit. Has excellent pedal as of know. That's using my hand, hoping it's just as good with foot.

None at all. Pretty easy really Troy. You won't have any problems. We've all seen your skills.

Trust me the advise is needed when it comes to that kind of thing...thanks for the input on it.

Nice work on the all the plumbing...looks great! Keep it going...you're almost there![cl

-Troy

Mixed up some paint today. Using ol Rustoleom flat black and gloss royal blue. Together it gave me a dark navy blue. Should be painting in a couple days.

Sounds great so far. You going with the exposed dent and patina idea? I think that would be awesome.[cl Wish I had your skills. Great work.

Latest posts

Back