1947 Ford/Chevy build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the "War Years" 42-47 Fords have always been over looked by the Hot Rod bunch, don't know realty why, but I think they are Cool:cool:

Good luck with yours

I'm digging the service/hauler theme it is going to look awesome rolling down the road with the rod in tow. Just my .02, no over powered rod power plant. Put a decent power plant with good gas milage (injected turbo) and a overdrive tranny for a highway cruiser

Yes the "War Years" 42-47 Fords have always been over looked by the Hot Rod bunch, don't know realty why, but I think they are Cool:cool:

Too many people don't dig the "Jail bar" grill and front fender/headlight treatment.
Compared to what Ford had before as well as after on their trucks this is not onsidered to be their best design effort.
I myself have always like them. I have been driving by one for almost 30 years that I have been forced to watch slowly rust away as the owner insists that he is going to restore it one day.
Torchie.

Yes Torchie. It is the 'Jail bars' grille that I like the best.
This is clearly an instance where three or four of us have good taste and the rest of the teeming masses ---- are wrong!
Sorry DnD for hijacking your thread sort of sideways, but I get pretty passionate about those 'war years' Fords. Keep on tinkering.

Well been working on my Harley trike as well as my 47. got the 454 all clean and painted :p and getting some parts as money comes in. I have decided not to run the Ram dual quad, as I will be driveing it every day. but I'm putting in the gear drive. couple of pictures. will post soon.

Attachments

• P1280057.JPG
    P1280057.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 20
  • P1280058.JPG
    P1280058.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 20
  • P1280059.JPG
    P1280059.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 21
Well making progress. Got to polish the valve covers and put them on. I need to wait for the new flex plate and damper to get here, after the first of the month and then its time to put her back in the truck. I already have my new 400 trans and converter. I have the wood already cut for the bed, its a special hardwood can't think of the name right now. but once the trucks back in the shop I will install it. more later. have a good week end

Attachments

• P2210099.JPG
    P2210099.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 31
  • P2210100.JPG
    P2210100.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 27
  • P2210101.JPG
    P2210101.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 29
I have decided not to run the Ram dual quad, as I will be driveing it every day. but I'm putting in the gear drive.

Looking good! Cool choice of colour. I'm not sure if the gear drives have changed, but a few years back I know a few guys that ran them and later found out they're not intended for street/highway regular driver duties. If you're planning on daily driving it you might want to consider the "old reliable" chain and gear setup. Just something to look into.

"Holy Cow Batman" got my engine back in my truck yesterday:)

Attachments

• P3190132.JPG
    P3190132.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 19
  • P3190133.JPG
    P3190133.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back