36 ford pickup w/ cummins

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got the flat bed started tonight, it will have sides and a back against the cab. dont mind the metal it was just there for alignment
flatbed.jpg

That Diamond T cab has gotta be the find of the year! Maybe even of the decade! Diamond T has got to be my favorite all time truck. I had a cousin that had one (a beauty) back in the mid fifties. Loved that truck. And you are doing an amazing job building. perley

thanks, unfortunatly pictures probably wont be up for a while with the truck. i moved to california a few weeks ago for a job and had to leave all the toys home. my dad will work on it a little bit here and there to hopefully get it running and driving. thats why this thread has been neglected recently.

Sorry to see you move to the OTHER side of the country! But, at least you won't have to shovel snow! Gonna miss the build, but good luck on your job. perley

life gets busy sometimes.. but thats why these things are hobby's.. mines been neglected for basically 3 months now..

Good luck on the new job...!

thanks guys, im loving the new job. im going home for christmas so ill have pics to show

We're still waiting!!! [P [P [P

Is there any way you can set up a daily update on this truck to my smart phone? I LOVE your truck but I need updates more than 2 months apart :D

its been a little while, but i got to drive her when i went home for christmas. It runs great and much smoother than i thought it'd be. Still needs stuff to be finished but my dad just got it together enough so i could drive while i was home. It felt great to be in it, everyone loves it, couldn't be happier with it right now unless i had it here haha.
31aa79ed.jpg

ce16faa9-1.jpg

fee81abf.jpg

c341ec32.jpg

6ed4c219.jpg

It seems like more and more people are using the hammered black for project frames. Actually i've never seen it used for anything else. Lookin' good, can't wait to see this thing in action.

It's used a lot in industrial and ship work.
The brand I used to get was called "Hammer right" or Hammerite
they stopped selling it in the stores maybe because of the solvent rules in many areas and it's a commercial paint so maybe not an orm-d exempted product when it's in bulk.
You can buy it through paint suppliers in quarts, gallons and 5 gallons but tough to get shipped because it either has to go haz-mat, or it could still be orm-d hazmat exempted and the warehouses just don't know what they are doing.

I used to buy it off the shelf at ACE hardware in gallons and quarts now I have to have a $500 order before the warehouse will ship free of charge to my local paint supplier

the title of this thread gets me every time! I think I'm gonna see a '36 Ford, and it's a 50's Diamond T, LOL! I know you changed bodies part way through the build, I just forget every time! Maybe there is a way to change the title of the thread?

Latest posts

Back