'46 RBPU w/Linc V12 flattie!!! ; - >

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I've always wanted a RBPU (Roadster Bobber Pick Up) with Lincoln V12 flattie power & now I've got the parts. I've had this '46 Dodge pu for a while (I love the grill on these) but just got the V12 flattie this weekend & I'll be startin' this build very soon. Gonna cut the top off the cab & build a bobber style frame. Should be a kool cruiser!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Attachments

• cab.jpg
    cab.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 79
  • dodgeclip.jpg
    dodgeclip.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 75
  • motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 171
I WANT IT

Hey Tripper send it to me, I could really use it in my build. It would f*****n perfect a basic ford motor in a chevy (I love it). Hey man nice find!

Curt :D

Ya got two of my favorite things, Tripper, old Mopar & unusual motor. This build will be fun to follow !

Tripper, You gotta finish the truck you already got started on.

Flatster,
I'm workin' on both! Fixin' to install the brake lines on the '41 Ford PU but here's what I was up to on the Lincoln V12 Flattie RPU today. For Father's day I cut the top off & gettin' ready to trim it all up. Can't decide if I wanna weld the doors up or not!

BoB

Attachments

• rpu.jpg
    rpu.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 79
I've always wanted to section something but haven't gotten up the nerve to section a whole car but thought it shouldn't be too hard on a PU cab. I photoshopped this 4" section & I really want to weld the doors shut & just jump in! :eek:

section2.jpg

BoB

Keep the doors operable... Lose the vent windows and all door glass... Cut away some more of the vertical up-right posts on the doors, then weld in a cap on top of the door, match cap to rear surround panel... You have plenty of door/side height to channel it over the frame...

Latest posts

Back