50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
baby steps...

Indeed ND, we will ride next year for sure!

Anyhow, been working on the wiring, and some of the hoses. I finished up the radiator hose work tonight, just needs clamps and one plug to block off the stock pressure feed to the overflow return.

The bottom hose has the stock E250 plastic manifold for the oil cooler lines.
The top hose is two piece as well with a piece of 1.5" tube in-between...

Next is more wiring, and some trans lines work...

Attachments

• DSC05206.jpg
    DSC05206.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC05207.jpg
    DSC05207.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC05208.jpg
    DSC05208.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC05209.jpg
    DSC05209.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC05210.jpg
    DSC05210.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 52
I'd panic.:eek: Sure admire what you are doing.

Some of it will be a pain when I go to shorten everything and move it to the places in the cab where I want it, but for now its just getting things plugged in, and refreshing my memory about what went where so I can try to crank over the motor...

Having the Factory Service Manuals, and the wiring supplement manual, as well as the experience of taking apart the entire donor van is a good thing ;)

It will be time consuming, but eventually it will be something that looks clean and thought out...

Thanks for tuning in :)

I guess I should have taken pics when it was all spread out in my basement!
Thats not the whole harness, its missing the front light and horn harness that I disconnected, as well as the rear body harness... heh heh...

It will not be that bad once I get it fired up I'll be taking it all off again, getting the cab on after some sheet metal finishing, and shortening and hiding as much of it as I can...

I've done plenty of motor swaps and harness swaps in other cars, all it takes is time...

"Cut the blue wire! Why is it still TICKING?!?!" Lol[cl

Looks like you are getting a bunch done. The factory harnesses always look a little daunting at first...[P

That is a crap ton of wire....

but once you get it sorted you can make it fit from there....just keep swimming...just keep swimming....:D

Some progress last night, I hooked up some grounds, and hooked up a battery and etsted out the ignition, making sure I have power where I should to the multivalve, and tested it on a spare multivalve and pump, however the spare pump I have is bad.. siezed up... but at least the ECM is trying to power the pump as it should when the key is cycled to start to prime the pump and fuel rail, its a good sign.

Now, on to finish trans lines, coolant lines, and in a couple weeks get some fuel for this beast...

1 step at a time

I worked on mounting the tank fill line / filter, and planning out some of the oil cooler lines, I need to pick up some hose and metal lines tomorrow night to get a move on the lines.

Not sure where the fill line will get mounted permanently, but somewhere on the body.. might have to make a new line to place it where I want it on the rear body...

Attachments

• DSC05212.jpg
    DSC05212.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC05213.jpg
    DSC05213.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC05214.jpg
    DSC05214.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 51
Looking good Dr.

Thanks Gold!

Not a lot of time to work on the rat, but Grandma took the little one shopping today, so I snuck out in the garage for a few hours...

I used a couple stampings to form the side of the grille shell (one on the inside, one on the outside and a bolt through to cinch it together and form the sheet metal) to give it strength and to space the headlight housing off the side of the shell as well. Since these buckets are meant to be mounted vertically, I had to slot the housing to clock the headlight lens as close to level as my eye could get it... its close I think.

Attachments

• DSC05215.jpg
    DSC05215.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC05216.jpg
    DSC05216.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC05217.jpg
    DSC05217.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC05218.jpg
    DSC05218.jpg