55 Chevy Full Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today we got the firewall in epoxy primer. Looks better.

First some sanding......

Taping......................

Then some priming with DP40 through a very, very old Bink's Model 7 gun.

Finished for now. The toe boards still need some work but that will come later when the floors get replaced. Next up is another temporary engine install in order to fab up all of the mounts for the front sheetmetal, radiator core support, and bumper brackets among other things. Stay tuned.

Since this is a family friendly site, I'm not gonna tell you what I would be willing to give for a 55 Chevy.

Looks like it is going along real nice. As always, keep us posted.

looking great man keep us posted. I'll never forget riding with my cousin in his 55 Chevy when i was a kid i used to watch his foot on the gas pedal as he would grab 2nd gear lol.. he had one of those barefoot pedal

Boy, you guys don't do any shoddy work, do you? Every project I see coming from you is really done well. That firewall is the best and really gives you some room for that 502.

Very very nice stuff Gastrick. Love seeing it happening too, thanks for posting this. Keep it coming. :)

Don

We did a little today, but mostly bolted parts in place so that the radiator core support could be fabbed up.

Put the engine/trans back in. Bolted the steering back in and put the headers on.

We also took the front shock jigs out and bolted up the Shockwaves just to see how the car would sit with the bags aired out. I'm not sure yet but I think it's gonna be pretty low. :D

Lookin bad!!!

Gastrick,
That is lookin' really bad!!! U may b slow...

No kiddin'... u're brother is 1 very lucky guy!!!

BoB

A little progress today. We started making a new radiator core support that also secures the front fenders. This is/was the factory part. Even though it will eventually be covered with tinwork, it was deemed too ugly to be used on this project.

So a piece of 1.250 round tubing was bent to form the basis for a new support. Here is how the main hoop will more or less fit the radiator and fans.

Latest posts

Back