abreviated version

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate to be the pecimest in the bunch, but a roof truss for your chassis? Are you positive that will handle all the torsional loads the truck is sure to experience?
Roof trusses are designed to support non moving verticle loads, not side to side.

Not knocking your build as its great, just looking out for safety of you, your family and others out there.

Get more pics of the interior!!!!:D

Great truck. Putting the radiator in the bed is a good idea. I put my trans cooler under the truck when I was drag racing but might move it for road use. How do the multiple carbs work? Did they require a lot of tuning?

Great truck. Putting the radiator in the bed is a good idea. I put my trans cooler under the truck when I was drag racing but might move it for road use. How do the multiple carbs work? Did they require a lot of tuning?
2 650 HOLLEYS ARE TOO MUCH I THINK, BUT WHEN I PULLED THE PLUGS THE OTHER DAY THEY WERE A PRETTY COCO COLOR... BUT YEAH THE CARBS ARE OLD AND A PAIN IN THE ...(BAD WORD), BUT WITH THE HAMMER DOWN THE BACK TIRES HAVE A HARD TIME KEEPING UP... MAKES ME SMILE, SCARES THE NEIGHBORS DOG.[cl

Last edited:
hate to be the pecimest in the bunch, but a roof truss for your chassis? Are you positive that will handle all the torsional loads the truck is sure to experience?
Roof trusses are designed to support non moving verticle loads, not side to side.

Not knocking your build as its great, just looking out for safety of you, your family and others out there.

Get more pics of the interior!!!!:d

initially i was a littly leary as well, so... I welded a safety loop (cut the legs off a roll bar) and ran a heavy run of 2x2 angle along the lower frame rail from beyond the rear end mounts, up to the front portion of the frame... Just cant see it with the channel, plus iv got alotsa cross bracing and gusseting welded in... But appreciate the concern and feed back d/b

Yes rat, thanks for the "up" on the spring mounts... The general concensious is more beef is needed, so were going back in... Prob this weekend.

Last edited:
MORE

GOT A FEW MORE PICS FOR YOU, FINALLY A FEW OF THE INSIDE, KINDA THEAMED AFTER THE OLD TUBE FRAME FUNNY CARS. ITS EVEN GOT A ROLL BAR AND STEEL REINFORCED DOORS... LAST SHOT DEPICTS THE DISC BRAKES, PAN HARD BAR, AND I EVEN GOT FRONT AND REAR SWAY BARS IN THIS THING. HOPE YOU ALL LIKE EM... :cool:

Attachments

• pass side.jpg
    pass side.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 13
  • ROLL BAR.jpg
    ROLL BAR.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 13
  • pass side2.jpg
    pass side2.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 11
  • front end.jpg
    front end.jpg