Been a long row to hoe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CR55

It's just a little surface rust!
Hey everyone!
Haven't been on here much. Been lurking a bit tho. I've been going thru a divorce lately and its taken its toll on me! I've known we both needed it but I've hung on because of the little guy still home. Been out on my own since may 1st. Gotta admit I've been happy. Met a great woman. Shes a good bit younger than i am and i just hope i can keep up with her..lol...I'm hoping to start posting and joining in here..

Sorry to hear about the split but sometimes it is what's needed. You can still be there for the little guy if you make him top priority, do right by him and you both will be truly happy. Best of luck to ya and glad to have you back here. :cool:

Man, you jumped right back in the fire, didn't you ? :eek::D Divorce really sucks, especially when there are kids involved. Mine were 28 when we divorced and it was still hard on them at that age, can't image how bad it is for little ones.

Just take it slow with the new relationship, you have been banged up by the split and need time to heal. Relationships take work and you need to be 100% there and for a while you are going to be torn a couple of different directions. It is hard to work on a new relationship while you are still trying to sort out the pots and pans from the last one. :)

Good luck, bud.

Don

Hey CR, been wondering about you, I've noticed your absence. Glad to hear things are going for the better. Take care my friend.:)

Good to have you back. Sorry about the bumps in the road, just part of the journey. My daughter came through the divorce fine. No small part because we both agreed that any interaction we had would be for her benefit and we would both do all we could to make sure it wasn't any harder on her than it had to be. Now she's a beautiful, well adjusted 17 year old honor student.

Best Wishes.

Glad you're back, CR, and sorry bout your problems. An amicable divorce is possible. I divorced after 30 years. Talk about culture shock!!! It has been 11 years and my ex and I are good friends. She and my current wife have become good friends too. That says a lot about them. I am very blessed.....they are both very special people!

All divorces are hard and mine was not easy, but if both parties work at it, it doesn't have to be hurtful.

Good luck.

Lynn

Thanks guys. I'm sure it will be a difficult adjustment but I'll get thru it fine. Some good advice from the veterans of divorce and I appreciate it all. The toughest part is not seeing my 12 year old on a daily basis.. used to seeing and doing things with him every day. We should have done this years ago as we are both happier now! Thanks again for all the advice.

Hey CR55

Welcome back to the wonderful world of Rat Rods....as far as relationships go....my advice is take your time....go really slow on jumping back right into the fire...I was alone for 12 years....raised my kids and saw them both thru college...was it lonely...yuppers for sure but it worked out in the end...go slow and enjoy the moments as they come along...

MikeC

PS make sure the new lady know about your rat rod ways....:)

Latest posts

Back