Billetproof Florida-March 17th, 2012

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not much for car shows, but this is one I would like to go to..Especially at Dons place.. Was in Orlando summer before last on business/vacation, spent a few hours at Don's Museum, was the highlight of my trip for sure..I'd like to spend another full day roaming around in there..So much to see..

Can't wait to see pics from this year..

Tim

I'm like you, Tim, shows don't generally do a lot for me these days. Maybe I have been doing them for too many years. But you are right about show like BP being different. One of the reasons is that the cars themselves are kinda all of one type, just plain old hot rods and customs without having to look at a sea of brand new vettes, Camaros, and Mustangs that show up at most local shows. The people at this event are also very special. Every person is friendly and willing to spend time talking with you, unlike some of the snobs we see at other events.

Here is a video someone took the time to do at this years BP, in case anyone missed going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qd3pWsDL84&feature=youtu.be

Don

We had a great time at Billetproof and it was so good to be back at Garlits' place. Just a great day to be outdoors, lots of cool hot rods, pin-up chicks and some rockin' bands, what more could you want? :D I had a blast. It was good to see both Don and Dan. Sorry I missed you Bill. No way anyone could go to that show and not have fun.

It was nice to see you there too, Mike. As always, your Ford is just as good as they come.

Could the weather have been any better? It was warm but there was a breeze all day so it was not too hot. Even sitting in the parking lot at 2 am was T shirt weather.

Mike, who won the various classes? I know the 30 coupe won Best Competition because we picked him, but who got the rest?

Don

It was nice to see you there too, Mike. As always, your Ford is just as good as they come.

Could the weather have been any better? It was warm but there was a breeze all day so it was not too hot. Even sitting in the parking lot at 2 am was T shirt weather.

Mike, who won the various classes? I know the 30 coupe won Best Competition because we picked him, but who got the rest?

Don

Thanks Don, I don't know who won what as we left about 3pm. I figure there will be more info in the next couple of days. Thank goodness for the breeze and good sunblock. For once I got home NOT burned up. :D

An excellent video of the event. Thanks for posting. You recieved good (and deserved) coverage in the vid.

Latest posts

Back