Cool & Unusual Early Racers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talbot-90-Brooklands-Tourer_10.jpg
[/IMG]
Talbot-90-Brooklands-Tourer_7.jpg
[/IMG]
Talbot-90-Brooklands-Tourer_8.jpg
[/IMG]

The Unser Museum is in ABQ and is definitely worth a visit if any of you are in town. Lots and lots of racing history in that family. Al Sr is usually there and will talk you ears off but it's great.

The Unser Museum is in ABQ and is definitely worth a visit if any of you are in town. Lots and lots of racing history in that family. Al Sr is usually there and will talk you ears off but it's great.

I'd be there first thing in the morning and listen to him all day and long into the night. The Unser's have always been racing heroes to me, along with AJ Foyt and the Andretti's.

moronthethrottle;86523 [IMG said:

I can't quit looking at that #19. Hey Moront, why don't you slap a rat racer like that together? Seems you like those early racers. Heck, all ya need is a long wheelbase frame, tall tires, a tractor radiator, and a bunch of bent sheet metal. Easy!

Seriously, I keep looking at that #19 thinking, how could I build a rat like that?

still more vintage racers

29 Auburn

Attachments

• Alburn%201929%20C4.jpg
    Alburn%201929%20C4.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Alburn%20Motor%20C.jpg
    Alburn%20Motor%20C.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 13
  • Alburn%201929%20C1.jpg
    Alburn%201929%20C1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 8
No lie, this was a land speed record car.

So was this and actually held the record for a bit before being destroyed and killing the driver on Daytona Beach

Latest posts

Back