Duece Of Spades

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Doc for the fast turn around dispite the Canadian Mail Pony Expresss!!!

When only the best will do...

dudley_doright.jpg

I bought two copies when it was first available, gave one to my brother inlaw for his birthday. Didn't know there was a second and possibly a third movie to come along until I started to follow this thread. Since I didn't really need another DVD of the movie I splurged and got a toque and shirt to help the cause. So the short answer is...Yep, I bought some merchandise because of this endeavor.

I got an email yesterday from Faith...She is now selling DofS handbags......Not my style. Showed the wife, she said no too

OK....viewed the film....at least I tried to view it....

Used one of the new videos I got in the mail that I ordered.....Was an ok video.....drags a bit at times..(no pun intended)...but overall, I'd give it a 7 out of 10.....or am I supposed to say 2 1/2 stars out of 4????.....just as a side note.... I will be forwarding one of the new copies I received to give as gifts...this one seems to act up.....a lot......I'll fire the original off to Bob and see what he thinks.....Bob I'll give you a PM to give you some of the details on what it's doing....so I'll be mailing out two packages asap....crap happens....maybe they ran it thru some funny magnetic thing at the Canadian Post Ahy!!!?? Or it got too close to the North Pole???? No offense Doc.....I'm sure it wasn't that...:eek: LOL Fuzz be ready to get the popcorn out.....[cl by the way...my wife fell asleep during the movie...lol

Sorry you had trouble with the DVD, Sgt. I never took it out of the package when I got it. And apparently Doc. didn't have a problem with it. I'll see what it does when it gets here. At any rate, I'll replace the one you sent off as this is a deal I set up and you shouldn't be disadvantaged by it.

I watched the movie without comparing it with high budget Hollywood films. Instead, I compared it to the cheesy hot rod movies of my younger years. There's only been a couple good hot rod movies ever, in my opinion. Deuce of Spades is the only production I've ever heard of where everyone worked for free.

When you consider the circumstances under which this film was produced, I think it is pretty remarkable. It would have been substantially better if Faith could have hired some professional help with screen writing, plot logic, pacing, etc.

No problem......my one son watched it and wasn't impressed..

Sorry you had trouble with the DVD, Sgt. I never took it out of the package when I got it. And apparently Doc. didn't have a problem with it. I'll see what it does when it gets here. At any rate, I'll replace the one you sent off as this is a deal I set up and you shouldn't be disadvantaged by it.

I watched the movie without comparing it with high budget Hollywood films. Instead, I compared it to the cheesy hot rod movies of my younger years. There's only been a couple good hot rod movies ever, in my opinion. Deuce of Spades is the only production I've ever heard of where everyone worked for free.

When you consider the circumstances under which this film was produced, I think it is pretty remarkable. It would have been substantially better if Faith could have hired some professional help with screen writing, plot logic, pacing, etc.

So his copy is the one I sent out....LOL.... I agree that as a "B" movie it's pretty well done....sound is great and the video is fantastic...I agree she did a really good job on it.....if you compare it to Two Lane Blacktop it's far and away better video work....somehow you can't even think of James Taylor and Dennis Wilson being actors...lol....Don't worry about the movie.....ain't like it's going to break me or anything.....appreicate the thought, but I appreicate that fact you started this whole thing....it's been kinda fun....don't bother sending another one....I'm good and not out anything that I would be concerned with.....thanks for doing this....I'm paid....in SPADES....LOL...

Bob. You're right, I did not have trouble with it but Sarge and I have spoken and the issue of a second copy is done. Don't give it a second thought and thank you again for starting this.

Sarge. Are you gonna post a picture?

Just a DVD FYI, some times on the lower budget DVD discs the format on the dics is hard for some DVD's to pic up and read. I had a samsung that would play 3 out of 5 DVD's but my son's $25 Coby player never missed a beat. Don't know if this happened to you sarg but I thought I'd bring this up in case anyone else came across this problem.

Just a DVD FYI, some times on the lower budget DVD discs the format on the dics is hard for some DVD's to pic up and read. I had a samsung that would play 3 out of 5 DVD's but my son's $25 Coby player never missed a beat. Don't know if this happened to you sarg but I thought I'd bring this up in case anyone else came across this problem.

No what you are talking about! I had a nice Samsung DVD player, it would have a problem reading half my movies! Got a emerson off the shelf at Walmart and it reads everything!!

And yes Sarge you kind of let us down here..... Where is your picture?!?!

Whoops!! Sorry....

No what you are talking about! I had a nice Samsung DVD player, it would have a problem reading half my movies! Got a emerson off the shelf at Walmart and it reads everything!!

And yes Sarge you kind of let us down here..... Where is your picture?!?!

Ok....at your request here is a shot of the two mailing envelopes and the video...I hope you're happy....I had to pull them out of the mailing envelope I was sending to Fuzz in the morning....lol...no problem..it wasn't sealed yet....
Rolling rolling rolling.....keep this movie rolling.....Rawhide.....sorry.....don't know why so many songs pop into my head lately...[S

Attachments

• shot of video.jpg
    shot of video.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 13
Whoops, guess I should have gotten a better shot....

Let me try this again.....I'll have to wait for Daylight.....please stay tuned....I'll find something more worthy to photograph in the morning....sorry don't know what i was thinking...[S

So far the DVD has traveled from Fillmore, Ca to Lake Elmo, Mn 1937 miles, to Regina SK, 760 miles, to Richmond, MI 1476 miles. Sgt Pontiac sent it to Fuzz. Need a mileage figure from Sarge. How far to Fuzz' casa?

Don't forget the pic of the DVD in an interesting place around your place, Sarge.

Yep...I member....

Got a bit busy over the last few days.....will get that stuff done and get that video sent to Fuzz....it's packed and ready to fly...trying to find an intersting spot to photo is difficult around here...unless you want a shot of it at Tim Horton's......LOL

Id like to get on the list if possible. I plan on ordering myself and my wife some shirts to wear to our cruise inns.

OK....shipped out the video to Fuzz this morning...

It's 725 miles from my place to Fuzz's address....per Google....
After researching all the possible places to take the infamous "photo", I decided that the most interesting place in town is actually where I work....so thought I'd get a shot of the package, a POPO car and the building in the background....Hey....it's a small town and not much around here that photogenic...unless you think K-marts, Tim Horton's or the Waste Water Treatment plant would be better.....

Attachments

• Package.jpg
    Package.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 28
It's 725 miles from my place to Fuzz's address....per Google....
After researching all the possible places to take the infamous "photo", I decided that the most interesting place in town is actually where I work....so thought I'd get a shot of the package, a POPO car and the building in the background....Hey....it's a small town and not much around here that photogenic...unless you think K-marts, Tim Horton's or the Waste Water Treatment plant would be better.....

Should have had the lights going:D

OK YBeNormal...

For your viewing pleasure......One Patrol Vehicle with the overhead lights and flashers on...

Attachments

• overhead lights on...jpg
    overhead lights on...jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 20
Back