Duece Of Spades

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah..the dvd showed up today. Our mail runs very late, but I'll be viewing the movie and try to get some pictures of lil,ol Victoria tomorrow maybe, it's supposed to rain but we'll see what happens....[cl

Attachments

• deuce of spades (Small).jpg
    deuce of spades (Small).jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 10
I watched the movie and can honestly say I liked it. If you enjoy watching old school hot rods racin and roaring thru the dust you will like it too. I could nit pick and critisize but this movie isn't a hollywood production. It is well made and the acting was excellent. Yes it has a sappy love story to it but I kinda got into that too.
looks like Neverdone is next on the list to get the movie so I sent a pm for his address.

Here's some pictures of the town of Victoria, established around 1904 by two guys building a railroad. They were William Paige and Henry Nelson. Nelson was a fan of queen Victoria so he named the town in her honor. What they built here was a maintainance and switching station for the railroad, including a round house. The railroad eventually named the Virginian gave employment to local folks not working for tobacco farmers or timber harvesters. About 1950 the railroads began using diesel and electric locomotives so the maintianance yard wasn't needed here so they tore down the roundhouse and pulled up the tracks. The town has remained stagnent since. There were some attempts at manufacturing but all gone now. You can see from the pictures that only small bussiness remains, four gas stations, two owned by arabs and a food lion are about all there is. 1 picture shows an empty factory building , except for the Rod Shop in the very bottom corner. Private prisons are also big business in this area now, there are six within a 20 mile radius.
The town got a fed grant this year to rebuild the brick streets and put up some christmas decorations.
I moved her in 97 but am still considered an outsider. Most of my car buddies are also from other parts of the state transplanted here like me. We have to travel at least 25 miles to cruise-ins or Walmart but we like the peace and quiet here so it's cool.

Attachments

• deuce of spades 006 (Small).jpg
    deuce of spades 006 (Small).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Victoria_Air_1954_SMALL (Small).jpg
    Victoria_Air_1954_SMALL (Small).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 12
  • deuce of spades 003 (Small).jpg
    deuce of spades 003 (Small).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 10
  • deuce of spades 008 (Small).jpg
    deuce of spades 008 (Small).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 10
  • deuce of spades 009 (Small).jpg
    deuce of spades 009 (Small).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 11
  • deuce of spades 010 (Small).jpg
    deuce of spades 010 (Small).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 11
  • deuce of spades 011 (Small).jpg
    deuce of spades 011 (Small).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 10
  • deuce of spades 013 (Small).jpg
    deuce of spades 013 (Small).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 10
  • deuce of spades 014 (Small).jpg
    deuce of spades 014 (Small).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 15
  • deuce of spades 017 (Small).jpg
    deuce of spades 017 (Small).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 12
Anxiously waiting.......... Sent the address. Looks like the movie will be traveling 683 miles from Victoria to Newport. Can't wait to see it!!!

Who is next on the list after me???

Sam Fear is next, Neverdone.

Fuzz, glad you enjoyed it. I sure enjoyed your write-up about Victoria.

Sam is the last of the first group of people that "signed up".

When Sam receives the DVD we'll take another 5 sign-ups. First five members with at least 500 posts that make a request on this thread will be the next group. I hope y'all find this approach acceptable.

Last edited:
Fuzz, that was quite a nice write up about your city...

Wish I had thought of all that.....come to think about it....there is some pretty nice stuff around here....sometimes it takes a post like your's to make you open your eyes and look around.... Thanks for opening mine....:D

Thanks guys...it's a boring little town but actually thats a good thing cuz folks keep thier distance and don't bother me when I do my thing....[cl
It's a very long story about how I got here, so I didn't want to get into it.But I been here 14 years and looks like I'm here to stay...:eek:

DashinSteel013_zps8b469fe1.jpg

Those of you that have been following this thread know that the DVD did not work for Sgt. Pontiac. The Sgt. generously bought another one and sent it on its way. He said he would send the non-functioning DVD back to me. So today there was a package tied to my mailbox. It was from the Sarge. Not only was the DVD in it, but there was all these other items, some from the SGT. and some from Dr. Crankenstein.

Holy Cow! What did I do to deserve this??? I'm sure there's lots of thought and Christmas generosity in these fine gifts. I'll list them and what I think the motivation was for each gift.

1. Five styrofoam cups. Because glass breaks when you fall down.
2. A plastic knife, fork and spoon. I dunno???
3. Reflectorized Police Vest. So I get busted for impersonating a popo.
4. An inflatable plastic square. It's made in Denmark so there really doesn't have to be a use for it.
5. A police man Christmas tree ornament. To keep the outlaw biker ornaments from acting up.
6. A map of Michigan with Richmond circled. I believe I am forbidden from entering the circled area.
7. Three dog biscuits. One for each of my Standard Poodles and one or me.
8. A bottle of "Quitcherbitchen" pills. Obviously for my wife.
9. Three Richmond Police stickers. I'll flash them if I ever get stopped.
10. A calendar. In case the Mayans were wrong.
11. A lighter with Jack Daniels Logo. A reminder of two vices to avoid.
12. A wrist watch with no band. It doesn't work and neither do I.
13. A hand crank flashlight key chain. How did they know my dome light is burned out?
14. A Red Bull key chain. I guess the "bull" part is relevant.
15. A picture of Torchamn's brain along with some of his expositions. For when I want to drive myself bonkers.
16. Assembly instructions for an Ikea cabinet. I can always use instructions since I misplace so many of them.
17. A key to a Ford. I assume the truck will be delivered any day now.
18. And best of all, A signed color scanned picture of Sgt. Pontiac himself. Would like to say something humerous about that, but the fact is, I am most appreciative to know you and Dr. C and so many, many other RRR members.

This is a great place to hang out.

Do I dare respond to this?????

It was even funnier seeing the picture on the RRR then putting this stuff together....LMAO....still LingMAO...sorry...trying to compose myself....OK....
your assessment of the items was....let's say....amusing....LingMAO..again...
Oh Lord....!!!
OK....but the autographed photo is of Tony Orlando....not me..LOL LMAO again...
Sorry....OK...I hope you got as big a chuckle out of this as the Doc and I did in the planning stages....Doc had a few ideas that I had to leave out as a colorful G-string was not something I wasn't going to find unless I went to the store....also, a buddy said he had a dash mount hula dancer but was unble to find it in time.....
Oh.....by the way, have you had time to try the video....???? LMAO again.....It sounds like you took this in the spirit that it was intended.....in fun....you have endeared yourself into the minds and hearts of us all....Merry Christmas......by the way, play the video......LMAO.......

Several years ago the little woman and I went to Las Vegas. She wanted to go to a big name show. Guess what? We saw Tony Orlando & Dawn. I guess I spent all my time ogling Dawns (there was two of them). Funny how these things tie together.

Yes, my wife was wondering why I was laughing like an idiot pulling items out of the box.

I'll check the movie out a little later.

I forgot to send the yellow ribbon.....Crap!!!

That was the other thing Doc wanted me to send with the photo...lol...darn!!
Yeah...Dawn were some very attractive ladies....
By the way...don't hold your breath on the truck arriving....lol...tell the wife the pills were not sent to her....lol and you really have to watch the video.....sooner than later....but please...play it in your computer first...don't think it will play in your DVD player any better than mine....I think...

Giggling like a schoolgirl. I love your descriptions of the items, Bob! [cl

Sarge looks exactly like Tony Orlando... except for the hair and the mustache, the nose, teeth and chin... and he sounds like him too, it's all on the DVD.

Merry Christmas,Bob and it's a pleasure to know you, too. (Please don't send me anything!)

You two should be on a "watch list"

The DVD would not play on my computer. At that point I was buying the damaged DVD story hook, line & sinker.

BUT, it did play on my home theater. I'm finally off the floor and able to type. Eyes were watering, nose was running into my...well you get the idea. I'm quite sure I'll never regain my former level of sanity (hanging by a thread) after listening to it. I had no idea a DVD could be recorded over.

What a masterpiece! Too bad it can't be played on RRR, you naughty boys.[ddd

I loved the Star Spangled Banner part the most. Touching.[cl

Bob....the DVD was not bad....Fuzz got the same one

The DVD would not play on my computer. At that point I was buying the damaged DVD story hook, line & sinker.

BUT, it did play on my home theater. I'm finally off the floor and able to type. Eyes were watering, nose was running into my...well you get the idea. I'm quite sure I'll never regain my former level of sanity (hanging by a thread) after listening to it. I had no idea a DVD could be recorded over.

What a masterpiece! Too bad it can't be played on RRR, you naughty boys.[ddd

I loved the Star Spangled Banner part the most. Touching.[cl

You sent....it was all part of the joke.....had to have some reason for a strange box to show up....the DVD box cover & DVD label were done by me..it's not the original....they are copies....the original is working just fine....lol...
My favorite is the Bambulance....who gets the deer? Me or the dog?....lol
I am glad you are a good sport........Merry Christmas and or Happy Holidays....I hope we (Doc and I) brought you some cheer....:D

sometimes............ I must wonder about the sanity of our group here........ :rolleyes:..... by the way you should have asked, I would have donated the G-String. I regularly go into "those stores" pick up a bannana hammack and ask "Where are your dressing rooms at?" They would be really shocked if I actually bought one one time........ :D

I think it's exactly this kind of stuff that keeps our sanity..

It was so much fun planning this....and it was even more fun getting the reaction that the Doc and I thought we would....BobW is a good sport....makes it even more interesting to be here.....sometimes you just have to say "What the heck"....:D I still chuckle everytime I think about it...

Latest posts

Back