Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife mentioned she was glad her MG wasn't right hand drive because it looked harder to work on. (Not sure why...) I told her she should be glad it wasn't from Australia because in the Southern Hemisphere the nuts and bolts would tighten in the opposite direction too. :rolleyes:

She, of course, looked at me like I was an idiot.

My wife mentioned she was glad her MG wasn't right hand drive because it looked harder to work on. (Not sure why...) I told her she should be glad it wasn't from Australia because in the Southern Hemisphere the nuts and bolts would tighten in the opposite direction too. :rolleyes:

She, of course, looked at me like I was an idiot.

LOL, that's funny :D

And you didn't even get into the positive ground issues Sam. What would have happened then?:D

I made my gal cut.my hair for.me again.
I am starting to like the retarded escapee from devils island with the mange look.

The theory is that positive groundings gives more reliable earth connections to the frame/chassis

the negative grounding theory is that you get higher voltage to the spark plugs

both academic codswallop in my view :D

They used positive grounds also because the insulation of the wires was poor and led to corrosion on the positive ground leads, and also body corrosion apparently.

There were some other reasons that had to do with silicon based transistors which need +V supply and -V ground...

The BS thread is the perfect place for this discussion.

Pretty sure the reason there were + and - ground systems is because in the early days of autos, electricity still wasn't that well understood. Faster points erosion, corrosion resistance, patent infringement, better spark, etc. It was all kinda voodoo science for advertising purposes as far as I can tell.

So the real question is why did they settle on - ground as the standard? I'm with Dirtyrat on that, solid state electronics.

I was just looking over the posted upcoming car shows and Oasis Comm Church
will be giving out a trophy for "What would Jesus drive". Not making this up!

Jesus was a biker and rode a Triumph. :D

"Jesus triumphed over them by the cross."
"Jesus triumphed over sin and death."

triumphshield-228x305.jpg

"Loud Pipes Save Souls"

Usually he'd probably drive a plain white pickup maybe with a ladder rack - the vehicle of a humble carpenter. It would run on water. Sprinter van when him and the twelve apostles were going to a gig.

Personally, I think he'd drive a white Cord convertible. Not too flashy, but definitely gets your attention.

Last edited:
A man in northern Minnesota woke up one morning to find a bear on his roof.

He looked in the Yellow Pages, and sure enough, there was an ad for "Up North Bear Removers." He called the number listed and the bear remover said he'd be over within an hour.

The bear remover arrived, and got out of his van. He had a ladder, a baseball bat, a 12 gauge shotgun, and a mean looking, heavily scarred old pit bull.

"What are you going to do?" the homeowner asked.

"I'm going to put this ladder up against the roof, then I'm going to go up there, and knock the bear off the roof with this baseball bat. When the bear falls off the roof, the pit bull is trained to grab his testicles, and not let go. The bear will then be subdued enough for me to put him in the cage in the back of the van."

He then handed the shotgun to the homeowner.

"What's the shotgun for?" the homeowner asked.

"If the bear knocks me off the roof, you shoot the dog."

Do you know what happened 163 years ago this summer?

California became a state!

The people had no electricity.

The state had no money.

Almost everyone spoke Spanish.

There were gunfights in the streets.

So basically NOTHING has changed except, then the women had real boobs and the men didn't hold hands.

That, my friends, is the history lesson for today.

Latest posts

Back