Mini T bucket from golf cart

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is what I did on the weekend........ everything is still just tacked, but it's coming together. Cowl, firewall are in place, sheeted in the seat riser and tacked in the floor. I rolled in reveal beads on the cowl sides, they'll line up with the door beads. Think I'll do the rockers next and then the doors.

Attachments

• may 08 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    may 08 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 188
  • may 08 11 golf cart 008.jpg
    may 08 11 golf cart 008.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 170
  • may 08 11 golf cart 009.jpg
    may 08 11 golf cart 009.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 184
  • may 08 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    may 08 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 191
awesome awesome awesome..

The body line is a nice touch..

You want to stop by and do my floor for me... sure would appreciate it.. haha!

Nice work man

Rodder,
DUDE... that is lookin' saaaaweeeeeeeeeet!!! How did you make the lip on the back of the cab!?!?

BoB

Looks good man. You`re going to have to keep your keys on you when you drive that thing around. Somebody might cart-jack you :eek:

now thats just cool youve made some great progress in such a short amount of time

ive got idea for you how about you make another body that will bolt onto the frame? then you could change them around and really mess with people. how about a C cab?

Rodder,
DUDE... that is lookin' saaaaweeeeeeeeeet!!! How did you make the lip on the back of the cab!?!?

BoB

Thats done with a bead roller - after I had the panels formed and cut to shape, I rolled it in, then tacked the panels in place.

now thats just cool youve made some great progress in such a short amount of time

ive got idea for you how about you make another body that will bolt onto the frame? then you could change them around and really mess with people. how about a C cab?

You must have been looking at the C cab build on KB ? That'd be cool for sure though it would certainly be heavier - that one sure is, he's using 14ga. or something like it. I just don't have space for more unfortunately, my garage and sheds are stuffed already! :eek:

The May edition of the 'honey - do" list came out so this is all I got done today..:( Borrowed an idea from Cornfield Customs to make the grill shell :) - drew it out on the sheet and bead rolled the outline, then I just have to cut it out and weld on the outer rim - seems easy 'enuff [;):cool:

Attachments

• may 09 11 golf cart 002.jpg
    may 09 11 golf cart 002.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 132
  • may 09 11 golf cart 004.jpg
    may 09 11 golf cart 004.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 130
I have a tubing roller, when I bought it they couldn't get the 1" tubing dies so I just crank it through on round tube dies - it works but tends to go sideways a bit so sometimes I have to flip the tube on it's side and run it through again to correct the unwanted curves. Before I got it I was just using the hydraulic jack type bender - bend a bit, move it bend a bit etc., etc. - took forever.

Attachments

• may 08 11 golf cart 006.jpg
    may 08 11 golf cart 006.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 149
  • may 08 11 golf cart 005.jpg
    may 08 11 golf cart 005.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 137
  • oct 31 10 34 cadillac 001.jpg
    oct 31 10 34 cadillac 001.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 145
I'm sure a regular truck style bed would make more sense, but a turtle deck would sure look good on that thing!! [P Keep up the great work!!

Mini-T

I have looked at the rollers at HF but don't know about the quality, don't want to waste money on a bad one, IMHO the truck bed would be cool it is a golf cart after all, gotta have somewhere to put the golf bags right :D

I'm sure a regular truck style bed would make more sense, but a turtle deck would sure look good on that thing!! [P Keep up the great work!!

I wasn't into the turtle deck so much but then I saw the T on the latest issue of Rod & Custom and it would sure be kool. But, yeah I'm going with the pickup bed for practicality.

I have looked at the rollers at HF but don't know about the quality, don't want to waste money on a bad one, IMHO the truck bed would be cool it is a golf cart after all, gotta have somewhere to put the golf bags right :D

Mine is a Magnum (China I guess..) and not cheap but I cant see it wearing out in my lifetime!!

I was going to start on the doors but after rolling out the front piece of the grille shell, I just had to see how it would look finished. At this point, it's just temporarily mounted as I have to figure out how the rest of the front sheet metal will mount plus the headlights. :confused: I cheated on welding the pieces of the shell together by welding it on the backside - MIG welds are hard and tough to grind down without messing things up, plus that gives the seams a bit of a backing so I can smooth them off easier.
I've got a thing for the look of the Model A shell so that's what I was going for here.

Attachments

• may 10 11 golf cart 011.jpg
    may 10 11 golf cart 011.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 136
  • may 10 11 golf cart 006.jpg
    may 10 11 golf cart 006.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 137
  • may 10 11 golf cart 007.jpg
    may 10 11 golf cart 007.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 137
  • may 10 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    may 10 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 134
I have a tubing roller, when I bought it they couldn't get the 1" tubing dies so I just crank it through on round tube dies - it works but tends to go sideways a bit so sometimes I have to flip the tube on it's side and run it through again to correct the unwanted curves. Before I got it I was just using the hydraulic jack type bender - bend a bit, move it bend a bit etc., etc. - took forever.

Rodder,
That's what I was asking about. That's some pretty kool bending!!!

BoB

Rodder,
That's what I was asking about. That's some pretty kool bending!!!

BoB

Oh...DUH. Actually the upswept side parts of the 'cab' were done with the roller but it won't bend tight enough to turn the corners to meet the back piece. I made the corners from flat strips welded together to make the box section. I first tried heating with the torch to make that bend but that was a mess.

I've got one of the HF rollers, seems to be as good quality as any that I've seen..

Love what the golf cart is becoming..too cool

Got one door made, hung and latched today. Very simple construction, 1" tube frame with the skin welded to the edge, I rolled some beads in it before welding. Used these neat little SS steel hinges welded directly to the door and frame, the pins won't rust and you can lift them right off. Used a mini bear claw latch to latch it, also tacked in the rocker panel.

Attachments

• may 11 11 golf cart 009.jpg
    may 11 11 golf cart 009.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 173
  • may 11 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    may 11 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 155
  • may 11 11 golf cart 004.jpg
    may 11 11 golf cart 004.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 150
  • may 11 11 golf cart 006.jpg
    may 11 11 golf cart 006.jpg