Mini T bucket from golf cart

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the best golf cart EVER! It absolutely cannot be topped.

Thanks Motor' ! I'm having way too much fun with this one :D...

Got the other door done and left rocker panel tacked in. [;) Today I got started on the pickup bed, made a frame from 1" tube and got the side and front panels started, more to do on them yet...[;)[;) .At this point I'm scratching my head to find a way to make the hood and sides out of the metal I have left [S - it's amazing to think that two 4' x 10' sheets could have been used up making this little body, all that wiill be left is little scraps. :confused:

Attachments

• may 13 11 golf cart 002.jpg
    may 13 11 golf cart 002.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 129
  • may 13 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    may 13 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 133
  • may 13 11 golf cart 009.jpg
    may 13 11 golf cart 009.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 149
  • may 13 11 golf cart 004.jpg
    may 13 11 golf cart 004.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 166
Well, you could build me one and have a lot more fun! What do you say? I'll pay for the material and beer! Haha :)

Sounds like a plan - I'll just bang it out in my spare time :cool:, lol. Only thing to overcome is death by angry wife...:(

Attachments

• may 13 11 golf cart 006.jpg
    may 13 11 golf cart 006.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 101
  • may 13 11 golf cart 008.jpg
    may 13 11 golf cart 008.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 97
Added the corner posts to the box sides and welded 'em all up - then when I put it together and set it in place, found that the front posts hit the tires :confused::mad::( - have to slice a little off........

Attachments

• may 14 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    may 14 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 90
  • may 14 11 golf cart 002.jpg
    may 14 11 golf cart 002.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 89
  • may 14 11 golf cart 004.jpg
    may 14 11 golf cart 004.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 92
  • may 14 11 golf cart 005.jpg
    may 14 11 golf cart 005.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 92
Just went thru the whole thread....Awsome[cl All this building, I'll ask the question no one has touched yet...what's the paint scheme going to be or have you not thought about that yet? One color with lace pattern as they did in the old days, plus since it'd the "Wife's", you could get away with it.[S
I remember as a kid my friends Dad worked at the airport and brought home one of those luggage toters home, gas engine and the fastest thing we ever had to ride then. It was cool til we went thru someone front ditch/yard and the cops showed up. It went back to the airport:(
Later John T.[cl

Just went thru the whole thread....Awsome[cl All this building, I'll ask the question no one has touched yet...what's the paint scheme going to be or have you not thought about that yet? One color with lace pattern as they did in the old days, plus since it'd the "Wife's", you could get away with it.[S
I remember as a kid my friends Dad worked at the airport and brought home one of those luggage toters home, gas engine and the fastest thing we ever had to ride then. It was cool til we went thru someone front ditch/yard and the cops showed up. It went back to the airport:(
Later John T.[cl

Ahh, paint.........y'know when women get involved, colour is going to come up.. personally I'd like to leave it bare with a clear coat but I know that'll never pass. The latest favorite colour is a Ford blue, saw it on a new Mustang, real nice, almost purple. I love those old 60's - 70's lace and cobweb psycadelic paint jobs, I was a kid then and they left a definite impression. (again, not wife approved :(). Great story on the luggage carrier!

Finished the metal work on the box and made the tailgate and lower rear panel. Think I'll put a wood floor in it, it will need a hump in it like a model A so the electric motor doesn't whack the floor.

Attachments

• may 15 11 golf cart 004.jpg
    may 15 11 golf cart 004.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 152
  • may 15 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    may 15 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 144
  • may 15 11 golf cart 007.jpg
    may 15 11 golf cart 007.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 139
I'm building a EZGO golf car roadster pickup myself. Its got a chevy 2.8 v6 with th350 trans and 10 bolt rear end. It's nearing completion and I will post photos here soon also. Great job on your build keep up the good work.

I'm building a EZGO golf car roadster pickup myself. Its got a chevy 2.8 v6 with th350 trans and 10 bolt rear end. It's nearing completion and I will post photos here soon also. Great job on your build keep up the good work.

Very cool, sounds like it will really scoot! Don't wait 'till it's done, show us some pics now!

Rat On I think you're golf cart would take ZZ's in a drag race!!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes: Let's have a look!!

It sounds like I've already lost the drag race !:( Oh well, mine is just for puttin' around anyway, besides if my wife is going to be driving it the electric motor is plenty - still has more class than a Prius !!

Got a couple things done today, column drop, trimmed the rubber mat to fit, fit the package tray under the cowl and the all-important bevvie holders!

Attachments

• may 16 11 golf cart 002.jpg
    may 16 11 golf cart 002.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 148
  • may 16 11 golf cart 004.jpg
    may 16 11 golf cart 004.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 121
Very cool, sounds like it will really scoot! Don't wait 'till it's done, show us some pics now!

It sounds like I've already lost the drag race !:( Oh well, mine is just for puttin' around anyway, besides if my wife is going to be driving it the electric motor is plenty - still has more class than a Prius !!

Got a couple things done today, column drop, trimmed the rubber mat to fit, fit the package tray under the cowl and the all-important bevvie holders!

One more and it would hold a sixpack!!![cl

Back