Motivation...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, but I have lots of projects so I jump around and find one that intrests me more for a while.

Take in two car shows and call me in the morning.

I don't really lose motivation, but sometimes I get tired and just need a short break and I'm ready to dive back in. Betwen me, my dad, and my brother, we have enough different projects to keep us interested and we bounce around a lot.

And like Bonehead said, a good car show will get me motivated in a hurry.

Bouncing around is the key.
For me its the creative process. I have to go where the inspiration is. No inspiration = no progress.
If I have several different things going on I can usually find one that gets my attention for a while.
This used to drive my buisness partner crazy, but when it was all said and done, I created many cool things and he pushed paper, made phone calls and wished he could work in the shop.

I hope you find it.:)

I agree with the money thing. Thats why I am atracted to these low dollar builds. Its a build I might get through. I avoided hotrods for years because of all the money I thought you had to have to build one. I was right.

I have lost motivation on projects many times. When it has been too long, the car gets sold. Just sold my namesake, at least what's left of it. After getting a new idea for a different ride, it was relegated to the back burner. It was in the bodywork phase, and I'm no bodyman, so that might have had something to do with it.

On the other hand, my project is 90 miles from home, so I have to be motivated to drive there!

440shorty

I agree - going to a cruise-in, drag race, or maybe a car show will motivate!

When I was on the ranch in Idaho, sometimes we would go to a neighbors place and mow, rake and bail their alfalfa. Then they would help us with something. I have seen (on TV) barn raisings.

Maybe there should be "hotrod buildings". Rather neighborly, dont you think?:D

Thats funny ,it seems when i have no money is when i get motavation .
Thats when i get my best idea's too . But i seldom have money any ways.
This forum has helped my motavation alote !!!!!You guys are good people.

I totally lost motivation with my truck. I even put it up for sale! Then some ass totally lowballed me and told me all these things HE thought were wrong with it. That ****ed me off, and decided I was going to show him and finish the damn thing. Now I'm driving it, and love it!!!:D It's not even completely done but it is a blast to drive, and the looks I get from people when I am going down the road is friggin' awsome! My truck sits lower than a Honda it's hilarious:D I can't wait til' summer! Winter just started!!!!!!! Argh! 2" of snow last night...

In other words don't give up man! Just remember why you started this project in the first place, it's tough, but it's worth it to say, "Yep' I built that with my own two hands!":cool:

I totally lost motivation with my truck. I even put it up for sale! Then some ass totally lowballed me and told me all these things HE thought were wrong with it. That ****ed me off, and decided I was going to show him and finish the damn thing. Now I'm driving it, and love it!!!:D It's not even completely done but it is a blast to drive, and the looks I get from people when I am going down the road is friggin' awsome! My truck sits lower than a Honda it's hilarious:D I can't wait til' summer! Winter just started!!!!!!! Argh! 2" of snow last night...

In other words don't give up man! Just remember why you started this project in the first place, it's tough, but it's worth it to say, "Yep' I built that with my own two hands!":cool:

THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.:D

I don't have too much motivation right now. I just grazed myself silly. Took in about 8000 calories in under an hour. Thats gotta be some kind of record. :(

i lost serious motivation on my truck recently but this forum helps a lot. In fact, i finally pulled the motor and tranny last night! I'll have pics up for you guys later.

Perhaps a swap meet? I stiil need a few pieces anyway,maybe there will even be a killer deal on a corvair steering box?...;)

Latest posts

Back