Pookie Bros. Pro Street Ratt 46 Dodge-12V Cummins

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up the Fabbed 9" rear housing, Moser 40spline rifle drilled axles, Strange Dual Caliper brackets, and Strange Lightweight rotors for the paltry sum of $800.00....... I would have put more money into a less stronger Dana 70 so this deal was a no brainer in my eyes........ Axles are mint, no wear on the splines and no twist either....... I feel it was well worth the wait.[cl

Did anyone ever tell you, you have a nice looking rear end? :D

Floor.....

Need to patch in some filler pieces along with re-using a floor brace.....

IMG_2544.jpg

This will give me nice trans clearance. This will also allow the cab to sit a bit lower on the frame. And the front suspension is already lowered and a 4link out back- she'll be sitting mean.

IMG_2548.jpg

[P

Last edited:
Great look job there Pookie.

Way way back in this thread you posted a really trick new drag truck, and I posted about the inlaws Harley -Davidson truck. They ran that truck a few weeks ago and set the world record for the fastest Harley truck. 7.74 @ 175 mph. They think is has more it with some tuning. Not to bad for a 4.6 Ford motor.

Wouldn't you know it there was no video of it.

We picked up a First Gen Cummins Dodge on Saturday. It was rusty and in pieces- no fender,hood, cowl plate, doors, grille, bumper..... a 92' W-350 Duallie-4wd.

92_dually_001.jpg

92_dually_011.jpg

It came with the body parts, just needed to be installed... We unloaded it at the shop and rolled up the sleeves.

By nightfall, all the body pieces were installed, I had started to scuff the replacement body pieces to prep for primer and started cleaning the frame in the rear....

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

Sunday and we were back at it. We got the drivers floorpan and rocker panel in and got most of the rear frame cleaned up

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg

[P Gonna see about either a dump body or a flatbed and then put here to work for some extra jingle. The Cummins engine starts like a champ! Twist the key and it fires right off. It's still a virgin with only 70K miles on it!!!

IMG_2559.jpg

She smoked a little white and I figured it was old #2 so I added some Power Service treatment and the white smoke disappeared:D:D We had already tested it in the woods and she passed with flying colors.....

Diesel help

See you are into Diesels. I have a 58 Dodge Pu I want to build using the drivetrain from my 92 Cummins. I am hoping you can help me, I need to buy complete service manual/manuals for my truck. Reference material to do the conversion and my own maintainence in the future. Please let me know if you can help.

Read through your entire build and like what you are doing very much. Hope to see some updates also.

Thanks, Bryan.

Latest posts

Back