Racecar to RATROD

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ANNAMEL,
A couple more questions. Did you build anti-dive into the upper A Arm mount? Are you able to adjust caster? On the lower A arms, is the real leg set at a specific angle or is that up to the builder? How did youe determine the length and angle of that arm? Or, do you know of a racing web site that I could get answers from?
What is the length and spring rate of your front springs?

Your build is absolutely facinating! I can't wait to see video of it carving some corners.
Thankyou for any information you can provied.
Bob

dont know if i posted this pic but see if it helps you any.

Attachments

• 05-15-09_Table.jpg
    05-15-09_Table.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 102
Thanks guys. working on driveshaft and brakes now. Love to hear it runnin. at 8 bucks a gallon got a 327 swap motor for long drives. Could get more done if it wasnt SOOOOOOO HOT!!! Thanks again for checkin it out and givin me the drive to getterdone.

Been toooooo hot to be in the shop after being out working in it for 12 hrs. Did get the driveshaft shortend just need to weld it up then i can put cab on. Gas tanks are done and flowing. Going to set cab on next week. Thanks for checkin in. Man it has been frigin hot this summer in ga and i am ready for the fall. Sorry i had to say how hot it is again LOL OH yeh I went and picked up a 39 plymouth

Got that right. ...but now is the time to get back too it!

I am sam.Sam I am. I dont like green eggs and Ham. Just funnin, Should be setting the cab on this weekend. Got the drum brakes tore apart on the 39 plymouth (front) and am in need of some pistons. There has already been a rebuild kit and dont think it worked. Still leaking from behind rubber boot on piston. Any sugestions.

60/70% humidity does happen here, but only for a few days at a time and that usually comes with storms that knock the temps down into the 90's. 40/50% humidity at 100 deg plus is also reality. Just not often.

Nuff of that, want to see pictures when you get the body on. Been followin this for a long time. One of the best builds on here.

60/70% humidity does happen here, but only for a few days at a time and that usually comes with storms that knock the temps down into the 90's. 40/50% humidity at 100 deg plus is also reality. Just not often.

Nuff of that, want to see pictures when you get the body on. Been followin this for a long time. One of the best builds on here.

Thanks for keepin up with my build and compliments. Setting body on this weekend and hooking up gauges and electricial. Shouldnt be that bad seeings how the car runs great with only the chassic. All brake calipars are on just need to run lines. Right front calipar is hitting a lil , May need to bump bracket with lil hammer.
Got the 39 brakes done tonight just need someone to help bleed them. Anybody got a second to spare. Ready to start driving it to work.

OK! I got the cab put on today for the last time and man am i diggin it. Chop not the best but will pick another cab up sometime in the future and swap them out later but now lets getterdone and runnin. Cab went on smoothly. all welding is done on interior floor pan. Will post some pics Sunday. OH yeh had to jack car up 2ft in air to get driveshaft in. oops. Will change that after i drive it.

Looking great so far, looking forward to the cab pics. [dr After a hot GA summer I am back on mine again. Had big plans for this weekend but came down with the crud LOL. Taking a week off in Oct. just for the Rat Rod. The Perry show will be held again this year in November. I'll post some dates soon. Hope to see you there.

Latest posts

Back