1929 Essex/Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dozer, I'm torn between saying "atta-boy you got pretty close"; and trying to keep your optimism flowing, or telling you the truth, that all government inspectors in Saskatchewan should be shot with a ball of their own s##t while they are hanging from their thumbs.
Anyhow, you are getting closer and you will be driving it this summer.
A salute to you.

Great news for the most part!!! All of the things on their list are super easy fixes at least! It's totally retarded to have to put reflectors and a gear indicator on it but if that's what it takes, I guess you gotta do it (even if the quality of the additions is slightly shoddy and they happen to "fall" off shortly after the final inspection;) ). It's really great that there aren't any major changes that they want though!

Keep at it.
You are almost there.[cl [cl [cl
[P[P[P
Torchie

Thanks Torchie

Dozer, I'm torn between saying "atta-boy you got pretty close"; and trying to keep your optimism flowing, or telling you the truth, that all government inspectors in Saskatchewan should be shot with a ball of their own s##t while they are hanging from their thumbs.
Anyhow, you are getting closer and you will be driving it this summer.
A salute to you.

Thanks MercuryMac, I hear ya on the Government guys. After they said there is nothing wrong mechanicly I guess they had to slow it down with something, can't have it pass on the first go around.[S

Great news for the most part!!! All of the things on their list are super easy fixes at least! It's totally retarded to have to put reflectors and a gear indicator on it but if that's what it takes, I guess you gotta do it (even if the quality of the additions is slightly shoddy and they happen to "fall" off shortly after the final inspection;) ). It's really great that there aren't any major changes that they want though!

Thanks willyD It shouldn't take more than a weekend to get it wrapped up, The only item left in there court is the Heim joints they don't like

Easy fix but pretty lame....one more trip huh?

Thanks smallfoot

Real good news Dozer. A nice short and easy list. Just pain having to make one more trip. Oh well, you will be cruising soon.

Thanks Gunz, really hoping they let me drive it to Swift for the final, trailer cost $110. a trip.

Just think of all the fun you'll have with it after you get past the nit-pickers.
It's all worth it. I waste full days at a time cruising mine. It has become my daily driver.

Stay after it.

those inspectors sure are sticklers. The few things left should be pretty easy for you to sort out. [P[P[P

They are so:rolleyes:

Just think of all the fun you'll have with it after you get past the nit-pickers.
It's all worth it. I waste full days at a time cruising mine. It has become my daily driver.

Stay after it.

That's what keeps me going Pops.

The list is done:D:D lets just hope they get back to me sooner than later on if they think the 3/4"Chromoly Heim ends are strong enough:rolleyes:

Making a little progress despite waiting for the Goberment to make up there minds.

Scrounged some old weathered barn wood for the bed floor.

Still screwing with the carb, really wish I would have just bought the Edelbrock. Been back and forth with the FleaBay seller for two months costing a fortune sending carbs back and forth. Found out they had it jetted for a big block, this last time he sent me jets, metering rods and a new base, but they ground the tops of the jets off so I have no idea what size they are. Think I will just wait till I can take it on the highway for a test drive.

Wow Dozer. Been awhile since I've been on here due to my move and can't believe how much progress you've accomplished. Great job and it sure won't be long before you're on the road regularly. Say, if you continue with problems with the carb, let me know. I've got 2 Carter/AFB 650's (new/rebuilt) I got off Ebay and you're certainly welcome to one of em if you want it. Send me an address and all you need to pay is shipping. Attached is a picture of the bote of em.
Good luck my friend. You're knockin at the door of cruisin daily.

Attachments

• carbs 1.jpg
    carbs 1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 17
  • carbs 4.jpg
    carbs 4.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 18
  • carbs 5.jpg
    carbs 5.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 16
Wow Dozer. Been awhile since I've been on here due to my move and can't believe how much progress you've accomplished. Great job and it sure won't be long before you're on the road regularly. Say, if you continue with problems with the carb, let me know. I've got 2 Carter/AFB 650's (new/rebuilt) I got off Ebay and you're certainly welcome to one of em if you want it. Send me an address and all you need to pay is shipping. Attached is a picture of the bote of em.
Good luck my friend. You're knockin at the door of cruisin daily.

Thanks a bunch mdlahotrod, that's a heck of an offer, we will see how I make out once I get to drive it.

Wood looks great in there. Good luck with the carb issue

Thanks Nick

The wood and the keg go well together. If you have any more trouble with the inspectors, tell them to call me...

No problem Doze. Just my way of showin appreciation for all the help from you and Old iron. Insurmountable of assistance from youz guys. Your truck is lookin great and I too can't wait to see the video of it goin down the road. I gotta say, I'm so thankful we don't have to go thru all those inspections here in Florida. Not in this county of Florida anyway. You continue to be an inspiration for me buddy. Can't wait to start workin on mine again. It appears this movin stuff is a never ending project. The offer stands in the event you wanna give another carb a try.
Love the old barn side wood in the bed and I've always liked those kegs as fuel tanks but I think I like the keg scoop the best. Totally original. Very cool. :)

No problem Doze. Just my way of showin appreciation for all the help from you and Old iron. Insurmountable of assistance from youz guys. Your truck is lookin great and I too can't wait to see the video of it goin down the road. I gotta say, I'm so thankful we don't have to go thru all those inspections here in Florida. Not in this county of Florida anyway. You continue to be an inspiration for me buddy. Can't wait to start workin on mine again. It appears this movin stuff is a never ending project. The offer stands in the event you wanna give another carb a try.
Love the old barn side wood in the bed and I've always liked those kegs as fuel tanks but I think I like the keg scoop the best. Totally original. Very cool. :)

Thanks again mdlahotrod, your too kind. I'm real glad I have been of help, there are so many great inspiring builders on this site, with great advice.

I may have to take you up on your offer if I can't get this carb to work.

One step at a time, finally figured out what to do for a surge tank for the rad, had to get rid of that plastic pepsi bottle. lol

Should have an update tomorrow on the front bumper, I'm forced to install.

Latest posts

Back