1948 Chevy Truck "RAZOR"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lightning I say keep the fenders - it makes a whole different looking truck - LOOKS GOOD

Thanks for the compliments and I am kinda leanin that way!!

Donuts1 Wish I was bringing the truck, but it's not ready yet. Maybe it'll make it up there next year!

I hear ya Bro! My goal was for this year but well things happen!! So we will just have to meet up with both trucks next year!! LOL So how is yours coming along?

thumbbuster 48 chevy truck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What were your front fenders you used... look to be off a 33 ford??? respond to

Yes they were from a 28 or 29 ford!!

Man it's going slow right now. Got the tranny back, and dropped the motor off to have the stroker kit in it, and that pretty much broke me...lol! Working on a few customer side jobs to get the toy fund back up then it's wide open again! Is it time to leave for kansas city yet cause I sure need a vacation!!!

ratrodney WOW! Thats looking pretty kool dude. Im diggin the fenders. RR

RR thanks for the compliment!! Keep your eyes on this for more update pics!!

Donuts1 Man it's going slow right now. Got the tranny back, and dropped the motor off to have the stroker kit in it, and that pretty much broke me...lol! Working on a few customer side jobs to get the toy fund back up then it's wide open again! Is it time to leave for kansas city yet cause I sure need a vacation!!!

Just about in the same boat money wise Bro!! Looking to do the same with some side jobs!! LOL And it's getting closer to that time anyway!! I may be getting a spot in the swap meet area this year, I'll let you know here really soon!! I'm ready to check out some really cool cars again this year!!

Fenderless Rat Rod

Okay!!!!!!!!

I have finally made up my mind as to where this build will go! I have decided to go ahead with my initial decision to make my ride fenderless! I got my wheels and rear tires on shortened up the front end a little and there it was the whole time:eek:!!!! Right in front of me!!!!

I will post some pics tomorrow of the truck as it sits as I haven't updated my build thread in a while!!

Okay here are some updated pics. The truck has lost it's fenders, I fabricated and installed a rocker panel set up and trimmed the bottom of the door. Fabricated and installed my new firewall and cowl. I wanted it to look a little like the early ford and chevy coupes. I pulled the front suspension back 8" to get it more balanced to what I wanted the look to be.

So tell me what you all think of the truck so far!!!!

Attachments

• fenderless48(3) (800x600).jpg
    fenderless48(3) (800x600).jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 166
  • fenderless48(4) (800x600).jpg
    fenderless48(4) (800x600).jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 179
  • fenderless48(5) (800x600).jpg
    fenderless48(5) (800x600).jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 169
  • fenderless48(6) (800x600).jpg
    fenderless48(6) (800x600).jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 154
  • fenderless48(7) (800x600).jpg
    fenderless48(7) (800x600).jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 147
  • fenderless1948 (800x600).jpg
    fenderless1948 (800x600).jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 159
  • PICT0013 (800x600).jpg
    PICT0013 (800x600).jpg
    88 KB · Views: 133
  • fenderless48(2) (800x600).jpg
    fenderless48(2) (800x600).jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 152
yep, I agree with the other guys, I think the per portions are nicer now, good work keep it up

I like it sans fenders and with the front tucked back in where you have it now. Ever thought of not bringing the bed side down quite so far? maybe leave it about 4" shorter than the cardboard is now? might make the rear section look a little slimmer. Just my $.02. I like it overall! [P

Updates

I know it's been forever but I have some pics for you all to check out. With the new job and the crazy hours sometimes plus the fact that it pays almost half of what I have been making in the past (don't you just love our economy????) it has been a struggle to find the free money to do anything with. But recently I was made aware of some build money that I will be getting soon enought to get this thing on the road this spring!! WOOOOHOOOOOOO:eek::eek:[cl

Here are the front end pics of the wishbone front and the grille shell I built plus my awesome swap meet find of 1934 Chevy headlights for $20.00:D!!!!

Attachments

• front end 1.jpg
    front end 1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 80
  • front end 3.jpg
    front end 3.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 84
  • front end 4.jpg
    front end 4.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 84
  • front end 5.jpg
    front end 5.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 80
  • front end 2.jpg
    front end 2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 84
Update

WOW!!!! I had to dig deep to get this back in the flow!! LOL

Went to a swap meet last weekend and got me some new(old) Parts!! I found a grille shell from a 1937 Chevy, Gauge Cluster from an old Pontiac and then found a dash from a ChevyII Nova that was on it's way to the scrapper!! It was pretty well gone or I would have saved more than the dash!!

Dash is mocked up, grille shell is roughed in enough to put in place and then tweak for the look I'm wanting and trying to find som einfo on rebuilding the speedo on my gauges!! Take a look at the pics and tell me what you think!!

Thanks,

Attachments

• chevyII dash rough in 2.jpg
    chevyII dash rough in 2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 63
  • rough in grille 2.jpg
    rough in grille 2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 67
  • rough in grille.jpg
    rough in grille.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 66
  • dash gauges.jpg
    dash gauges.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 65 chevyII dash rough in.jpg
    65 chevyII dash rough in.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 67
Good to see progress [cl I think the '37 grille shell will go nicely with this truck, and that dash will be different too! I have that same dash.........but it's in my '64 Chevy II :D
Looking good, hope you get to continue the pace [P[P

Have you busted into the speedo too see what is wrong?

Well if I could figure out how to get the needle off I would look into it further!! LOL I didn't want to push my luck until I had good info to work with! But as soon as I find that info I will check into it further.

Good to see progress [cl I think the '37 grille shell will go nicely with this truck, and that dash will be different too! I have that same dash.........but it's in my '64 Chevy II :D
Looking good, hope you get to continue the pace [P[P

Thanks for the props!! I like it better with this grille also, just want to be a little different to make someone scratch their head when they look at it!! LOL
And I will tell you this! I have been infatuated with ChevyII Novas since I was in middle school, I will have one someday.......... I got my fill by rebuilding two for the street for my Dad a 62' 4 door that went back original and a 67' 2 door post with a little attitude for the street and then a 65' 2 door post for the strip. I want a hardtop like I had when I was a young foolish 14 year old. I was young and thought it would take forever to put an engine together!!!!:eek: If I ONLY KNEW THEN WHAT I DO NOW!!!! You know how that is!!

It's been quite a while since I did updates on my build. First off I pulled the cab and got ready to start some frame finish work and found that I had a massive amount of flex in my frame at the tail section. Tried to reconfigure but no luck!! So I did the next best thing! I loaded it on a trailer with a scrap car I hauled in and didn't look back.
I designed a new frame for it and like it tons more now. So I'm back to making some good progress on the truck. Take a look and let me know what you all think!!

Attachments

• frame2.jpg
    frame2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 40
  • frame ready to weld.jpg
    frame ready to weld.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 40
  • squaring process.jpg
    squaring process.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 40
  • square and straight.jpg
    square and straight.jpg