33' Plymouth 5window coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ran into first problem earlier today.. a part in the distributor to change it from points to elec was the wrong one so very first thing in the morning going to have to run to piney flats to get the correct part. the motor is ready to be turned over but need the correct part to get initial fire

If that’s all the goes wrong, you’re doing great!
Just curious (I’m going to be running the same hemi) what distributor set up are you using?

its a mopar specific autolite. you can also go to hot head hemis site and get an adapter kit thatll allow you to run a chevy or ford distributor. maily just replaces the shaft and a few other odds and ends. comes in handy if you need a small cap for clearance issues. (thought wed have to run one but ended up not needing it). the autolite however is a points style dist and if you want to run like we are youll need to get the pertronix part #1383

its a mopar specific autolite. you can also go to hot head hemis site and get an adapter kit thatll allow you to run a chevy or ford distributor. maily just replaces the shaft and a few other odds and ends. comes in handy if you need a small cap for clearance issues. (thought wed have to run one but ended up not needing it). the autolite however is a points style dist and if you want to run like we are youll need to get the pertronix part #1383

Thanks.

got fire tonight. had an issue on initial start-up with one of the carbs but we swapped em' out with two more we had and everything sounds healthy. all wiring is 100% complete. only things left is to fix a minor intake manifold gasket leak, re-route some vaccum lines, and fix a brake light.

when we bring it back down the hill ill get a little video of it running

not sure if the link will work but thought id give it a shot

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BATH7VYWv5c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

finally put some miles on the tires. (well dad did since i cant drive). everything is working fine with no issues. the ride isnt as choppy/bouncy as i thought itd be with a monoleaf front/coilover rear. only downfall is head clearance. knocked muh noggin a few times during gear changes. will prob have to do something about exhaust, since at 2k rpm it set off some car alarms and shook windows. im hoping my dr clears me to drive a manual shift car soon so i can get this thing out some more this summer.

Latest posts

Back