50 International

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking truck you have there, I'm close (Kalamazoo/Plainwell area) so I'll have to check it out in person some time. There is a great weekly cruise in at the Gilmore Car Museum every Wed. night (It's free and 10 minutes from my house) and your truck would fit in well there.
Keep up the great work!

Great looking truck you have there, I'm close (Kalamazoo/Plainwell area) so I'll have to check it out in person some time. There is a great weekly cruise in at the Gilmore Car Museum every Wed. night (It's free and 10 minutes from my house) and your truck would fit in well there.
Keep up the great work!

Hey man thanks! When I get it going Ill have to swing down that way and check it out

Couple of quick pics. They arnt perfect yet but they are on

Attachments

• Rat Rod 127.jpg
    Rat Rod 127.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 112
  • Rat Rod 128.jpg
    Rat Rod 128.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 146
Well the doors arnt right still. I gotta get them adjusted. Its kinda like re-inventing the wheel. These doors arnt for this specifuc model so the hinges are different. i measured a few times thinking that I had it right but in the end they just didnt fit right. So onto more drilling, lol. I guess if I have to ill go back to the original doors.

Well I dusted the inside of the cab with some gloss black spray. It looks sweet where the red shows through a bit.

I also cleaned off my bed to get the tank on. It looks pretty nice on there. Its not mounted up yet but this wekend maybe.

I get around to shootin some more pics this weekend. Its been rainy here so Ive been working in my garage a lot and its not the best place to take pictures. (not enough room)

Just a quick update. I have the cab all mounted to the frame, finally!! and the bed has been treated with some outdoor waterproofer. I also mounted the fuel tank to the bed. I have the rear valance all cut and the tail light temporarly fited to it. once the clear coat on it drys ill have it mounted up too.

now I have to start on the steering. I gotta get it figured out so i can get it right. Im checking out all of the large truck builds to see just what you guys have done.

My camera is currently in a funk and doesnt want to work right so no new pictures yet.

I know its been a bit. Ive been workin like a mad man! Ive dont a little to the truck but not enough, lol. I have the rear valance all mounted up and it looks sweet. Got my radiator, and new steering box.

I also had a guy come take a look at the truck to re do my seats. He gave me some pretty good ideas so Im hopin to run with them soon. After Christmas I hope to put in some real hours in the garage. I gotta get a camera too since mine just refuses to work.

Well dudes, have a Merry Christmas I hope all is well with all of you!

Old International are cool

Hers my two 48 K-B-2 and a 56 S130

Attachments

• august 24th 053.jpg
    august 24th 053.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 29
  • august 24th 078.jpg
    august 24th 078.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 28
  • feb4ebay 005.jpg
    feb4ebay 005.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 33
Dig the ride man! I have the same cab.....even the same color! Though i gotta say im glad i didnt have the rust issues you had on your floor.

Heres some of mine, before the 3" section i did last weekend. And a couple after i guess. Still needs all welded up.

Attachments

• 87.jpg
    87.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 90.jpg
    90.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 49
Dig the ride man! I have the same cab.....even the same color! Though i gotta say im glad i didnt have the rust issues you had on your floor.

Heres some of mine, before the 3" section i did last weekend. And a couple after i guess. Still needs all welded up.

Looks awesome. Ya I still have a lot to go. I havent had a chance to get to it lately. To many other projects going

Latest posts

Back