50 International

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally ran out of steel! I cut up all of the tubing that i had making the bracing for the floor. This thing is going to be solid. I am going to run to the supply shop in the morning before work to pick up the rest.

Picked up my dash and grill on Sunday, man do they ever look awesome. I also picked up a set of skinny front wheels today.

Sorry I dont have more pictures to show you all of the work ive done. I hit a deer at 70 last night on the highway and did a pretty good number on the Saturn. I spent most of my day running around looking for parts and banging out the hood. Thankfully it didnt hit the windshield. I should have a lot of pictures tomorrow.

Attachments

• Rat Rod 109.jpg
    Rat Rod 109.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 42
  • Rat Rod 110.jpg
    Rat Rod 110.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 37
Over the weekend..........

I got my front brakes all mounted up. Along with the new set of wheels. I need to buy tires for them but for now they are good to roll around in the garage on. I got the cab flipped on its back and welded all of the floor bracing on the bottom side.

Tonite I am going to figure out the cab mounts and lay cardboard down so that I can make templates for my floor. Should be a lot of fun.

Ya man, I cut a bunch of cardboard last night to see how to cut my floor. I gotta pick up some flywheel bolts so I can get that trans all hooked up.

Well I have my floor all mapped out. It looks good in cardboard. I had to sit in it just to see how it was gonna feel cruising in this thing. I also got my bed mounted to the frame. Tonite Ill be cutting some steel for the floor.

That's cool man. What are you going to use as the floor?

I got that 18ga sheet of steel. I actually got the driver and passenger side all cut and set into place. Im looking into getting the trans tunnel pieces bent. So hopefully this week Ill have the whole floor in

what are you putting over it? make sure you put a sound dampener over the metal. Actually if you go the tech page on here there is a good thread about a cheap alternative to dynamat.

Last edited:
what are you putting over it? make sure you put a sound dampener over the metal. Actually if you go the tech page on here there is a good thread about a cheap alternative to dynamat.

Ya I dont know yet. I was thinking of either spraying it or running a rubber mat of some sort

Looking good Rock.

After finally getting my rear suspension in place hopefully I can get started on my floor framing next.

Keep the pictures coming of your progress, nice work.

Larry

Pictures I keep forgetting to post these

Attachments

• Rat Rod 111.jpg
    Rat Rod 111.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Rat Rod 114.jpg
    Rat Rod 114.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Rat Rod 116.jpg
    Rat Rod 116.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Rat Rod 117.jpg
    Rat Rod 117.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Rat Rod 118.jpg
    Rat Rod 118.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 40
nice lookin rod. We need to hook up and have a B**ch session on floor pans. Only thing is you need to junk the fan. I have had too many of the riveted metal fans come apart. Trust me on this one please. I use a one piece molded plastic fan you can get at port city.com. They flatten out easy at high rpm for lees hp drag.

nice lookin rod. We need to hook up and have a B**ch session on floor pans. Only thing is you need to junk the fan. I have had too many of the riveted metal fans come apart. Trust me on this one please. I use a one piece molded plastic fan you can get at port city.com. They flatten out easy at high rpm for lees hp drag.

Ya the floor sucks. Its coming along but man is it a task!
I was thinking of going electric. I just put that one on there to check how everything was gonna fit. I have the stock one somewhere. This one was hanging on my wall. Ill check into the plastic one too.
Thanks!

I hear ya man. I tell ya what, I will finish yours and you can finish mine seeings how I tend to work harder when doing something for others. Lookin good though

lol. Awesome man. I hear ya. Ive been hammerin away. I have a ton of pics but I havent had a chance to post them up.

Well after a week of sitting around not wanting to go out and work I finally decided that it aint gonna build itself. Man oh man, the next time i do this I am going to build something with an easy floor design. Or plan it out better.

I must say that I bit off a little more than I can chew, but Im gonna put the hammer down and keep on working. I have to finish this thing!

Anyhow here are some pictures of what I have going on

I did put the seats in with the floor just sitting in there too. Had to see what it was gonna ride like.

Thats my brother doing some welding!

Attachments

• Rat Rod 122.jpg
    Rat Rod 122.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 47
  • Rat Rod 124.jpg
    Rat Rod 124.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Rat Rod 125.jpg
    Rat Rod 125.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Rat Rod 126.jpg
    Rat Rod 126.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 39
Well the floor has two small holes in it but its all there. I flipped the cab onto its feet and got to putting the trans all together. Got all of the goodies hooked up in the trans and mounted her up.

Put the cab on the frame late last night. I got a set of rubber mounts that i have to put in place. I had to put a seat in and just sit in it one more time. Man what a feeling .

Tonite I want to get the rubber mounts in place and start on the doors. once I get those on then it will be onto wiring, or planning out the wiring.

Pictures later

Latest posts

Back