Ag's 1946 1.5 ton Chevy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ag.Shoprod

This is the build thread for the truck I got for free.
I've had it home for a few weeks and now finally got something done on it. First I bought a battery to stick in it. Then some spark plugs. After that I filed the points and cleaned up the distributor rotor and cap. Then I started hoping real hard that the coil and condenser were good. I spun it over with a screwdriver in one of the plug wires and it sparked like it was supposed to.
Yesterday i took the carb off to clean it out and up. I sandblasted the outside and painted it silver, and polished the brass plugs. The inside was absolutely perfect considering how long it sat. There only a tiny bit of dust in the bottom of the bowl.

And an update on the fellow i got the truck from; He had rotator cuff surgery on his left shoulder about a week and a half ago. The docs told him it would be several months before he would ever feel like going outside. He went outside and mowed his own yard Friday! I'm hoping to get this thing running good enough so that by the time he is able to drive again, he can take this thing on its first run in 35 years.

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 17
I painted a Holley one time with silver spray paint like that. First time I got gas on it adjusting the floats, the paint washed off :eek::mad: Didn't know at the time gas would remove dry spray paint, but do now!:D

Latest posts

Back