Baby it's cold outside

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It started out at 42 at five this morning. Now at 35. The whole area was expecting heavy ice, sleet and snow. Then, overnight it all changed to just a little, to the north of Houston. But, I'm still glad I played hookie from work. The wind is a killer.

Only 16 below F (not counting wind chill) when I walked the dogs this morning. Schools closed again because of "dangerous temperatures" It's the pussification of America I tell ya.

Only 16 below F (not counting wind chill) when I walked the dogs this morning. Schools closed again because of "dangerous temperatures" It's the pussification of America I tell ya.
i thought all those kids had hoodies?
oh thats right
they only wear those for carjackings, drug deals and robbing video stores
sorry
i forgot...

This is about right for here.

Attachments

• 2014-01-28_155105.jpg
    2014-01-28_155105.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 18
Currently 5 degree's showing in Detroit..

Wind chill of -6.....feels more like -15 where I'm at...about 40 miles north....brrrrrr....between Jet streams and winter storm Leon....not sure what to think.....ice age?

Schools closed again because of "dangerous temperatures" It's the pussification of America I tell ya.

Never. (Not in my school days or my kids'.) Occasionally, a snowstorm will disable the buses, but the schools are OPEN regardless the conditions and you're expected to attend by your own means.

They do close in rural divisions but there's no excuse for that either, as my parents could attest... they both rode "The Bombardier'' snow bus. :D

children1.jpg

75604e26-c578-4028-bf78-8e27cfd12092.jpg

we had 11º at the house this morning. everything south of me is closed. all the roads and highways. closed in birmingham, people had to spend the night where they where. alot did in their cars. looks like it is not getting above freezing today either.

I heard on the radio this morning that people in the panhandle of Florida were sleeping in grocery stores and gyms, etc. because they abandoned their cars due to the icy conditions.

Hey , us folks down here don't have any way to take ice off of the roads , I come from OHIO , and everything up there has a snow plow hooked to it ,, when it snows maybe one time in 10 years and last for 12 hrs and is gone .. no one will invest in any type of road equipment.. so when we do get that ice storm we are stranded for sure . Snow tires ??? what is that ?? snow chains ??? never herd of them :)

7º this morning and going to the 40's today. they got alot of roads open this morning in birmingham but it is still a mess.

5" of snow and lots of wind so far today. IF it gets above zero, it snows. This winter has been a female dog.

I heard on the radio this morning that people in the panhandle of Florida were sleeping in grocery stores and gyms, etc. because they abandoned their cars due to the icy conditions.

OK.... what happened here? Did no one below the Mason Dixon Line see this storm coming? [S Disbelief turned into denial? How do whole communities of people get to that point?

I'm not trying to be a jerk and I only caught 10 seconds of a story about it and pics of an interstate packed with stuck cars. Did no one think schools and such should cancel? I mean up north we don't cancel school etc. unless it's a blizzard or an ice storm, but we are prepared for this stuff. What happened?

I gotta wonder if the interstate jams happened because guys in 4x4's thought they'd be fine on ice....

6 degrees here this morning. when I got to work the boss said it was too cold to wash trucks today, I said too cold to be at work today,I,m going home to work in my garage, he said good idea and I left. I think I'll put it down as a mental health day. I'm glad I've got a good boss.

This winter has been a female dog.

[cl

OK.... what happened here? Did no one below the Mason Dixon Line see this storm coming? [S Disbelief turned into denial? How do whole communities of people get to that point?

I'm not trying to be a jerk and I only caught 10 seconds of a story about it and pics of an interstate packed with stuck cars. Did no one think schools and such should cancel? I mean up north we don't cancel school etc. unless it's a blizzard or an ice storm, but we are prepared for this stuff. What happened?

I gotta wonder if the interstate jams happened because guys in 4x4's thought they'd be fine on ice....

Being a northerner (is that a word?) I'm fairly stunned. Cold won't kill you but ignoring it will.

That was pretty much my feelings on that as well. It's not like it was an earthquake. I saw a picture today of some people putting chains on a front wheel drive car in Atlanta. Just makes me shake my head.
(this photobucket limit is killing me! I feel handcuffed :mad: )

Latest posts

Back