Completely bummed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

So I was planning on heading south Friday and was planning on picking up a international metro in Arkansas. It was advertised on Craigslist for $1750. I call the guy today and now he has decided that he wants $2750 for it after he hasn't been able to sale it for over a month at $1750.

So anybody know of any metros or something similar for sale between IN and Louisiana? I'm looking for a project.

been there

l hate that, sucks for now , but be patient, something will come along.

that one just wasn't meant to be for some reason [S

Later :cool:

So I was planning on heading south Friday and was planning on picking up a international metro in Arkansas. It was advertised on Craigslist for $1750. I call the guy today and now he has decided that he wants $2750 for it after he hasn't been able to sale it for over a month at $1750.

I'd tell him, "My offer still stands, $1750 unless I find another one first" and leave it at that. If he calls back say you've changed your mind and will give $1500.

Zipper

Zipper that is something I would do lol. He claimed he has saw them bring a bunch on eBay so that why he wants more. Claims he's gonna list it soon.

I figure I'll check it out while I'm in Arkansas and possibly make a offer. That's if I don't buy something else first lol.

It sure was crappy of him. He isn't the kind of guy I would want to do business with even if he did change back to the original price. :mad:

Don

I had that happen with an engine except it was for sale for $700 then after I heard it run not for sale at any price. It was at a junkyard and they have lost way more than that since I refuse to buy from them now.

When I was on the hunt for a truck a couple months ago I saw the same thing. Deffinately a [S

find a few other prospects in the area and say

"I found something better for less but if you have to get rid of it I'll give you double what the junkyard is paying if you don't take anything off."

That's my ploy.
When out to buy one thing I find 10 of them and make them all offers for something better than what they are going to get desperately dumping it.
I let them know what my choices are. $600 over in this town... $800 over in that town... I want them to look up the other deals to bring them back to reality.
I don't balony em.
I hate that when I'm selling something and someone says "I can get these all day long for $X"
I usually tell them well go them them bring em here and I'll give you what you got in it plus $100 all day long... XD

I bought a rust free 76 ford supercab for $650 with a bad engine because there were 5 others in the area on cl just as nice running for $800 to $1200

"What's it worth" is a question I always answer as "right about where you want it more than I do"

I have given stuff away so I'm not ashamed to take something off someone's hand cheap if they want to be done with it.
It always helps to let them know this will happen right now or very soon and it will all be over with.
It also helps as I said the let them know you have other options in case they want to try to sweeten the deal for themselves after you have invested time and money traveling to their place.

I won an auction on a rust free 82 chevy truck in Wichita that didn;t run and had no title.
Won it for $350
They knew I was traveling from Omaha
Got there and they had filled it with their trash
I Said I can't take it down the interstate like that they said well that's the deal... so I said goodbye I have other things to pickup while I'm out and i began to drive away.
They looked at each other and ran after me
They said what would it take for me to reconsider buying it
I said $200 and you clean it out

I brought it home for $200

I've had my eye on a 70 Buick GS for over a year that the guy does that. I'll be on CL for 8500 then 7500 then 7200 back to 8500. Doesn't have his number in the ad and can take weeks to respond to emails. In my case, I think he doesn't want to sell it but has the ads up to please his wife.

I have a stepvan I'd sell you. It's not a metro and it's not in your area but.....
It's a 62 Boyertown Merchandiser. It's on the Ford chassis, has a running on propane Ford 6 in it.

Good day!

Well I happened to stop at a car lot to look at a new cummins truck a few minutes ago. While talking to the guy I mentioned my hunt for a old metro or bus. He tells me has three or four of metros out back and a couples schoolies from the 40s. But he don't have time to show me right now! Talk about killing a guy with anticipation! I just hope they are salvageable.

Latest posts

Back