Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FlaGordon

No matter what side of the AISLE you're on, THIS is FUNNY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It all depends on how you look at some things...

Judy Wallman, a professional genealogy researcher in southern California , was doing some personal work on her own family tree. She discovered that Congressman Harry Reid's great-great uncle, Remus Reid, was hanged for horse stealing and train robbery in Montana in 1889. Both Judy and Harry Reid share this common ancestor.

The only known photograph of Remus shows him standing on the gallows in Montana territory:

On the back of the picture Judy obtained during her research is this inscription: 'Remus Reid, horse thief, sent to Montana Territorial Prison 1885, escaped 1887, robbed the Montana Flyer six times. Caught by Pinkerton detectives, convicted and hanged in 1889.'

So Judy recently e-mailed Congressman Harry Reid for information about their great-great uncle.

Harry Reid:

Believe it or not, Harry Reid's staff sent back the following biographical sketch for her genealogy research:

"Remus Reid was a famous cowboy in the Montana Territory . His business empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the Montana railroad. Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to government service, finally taking leave to resume his dealings with the railroad. In 1887, he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the renowned Pinkerton Detective Agency. In 1889, Remus passed away during an important civic function held in his honor when the platform upon which he was standing collapsed."

NOW THAT's how it's done, Folks!

That's real POLITICAL SPIN (sorry no photos)

Actually I don't find that funny at all. In fact I find it rather disturbing. You talk about the convoluted thinking of the powers that be. Can you imagine the spin they're putting on the economy. No wonder things are going down the toilet. These people don't know how to face or speak the truth anymore.

Anymore?? Politicians have never spoke the truth, you were just young and naive. ;)

Wanna stop time? Put ICY/HOT in your shorts. [ddd

"Actually I don't find that funny at all. In fact I find it rather disturbing. You talk about the convoluted thinking of the powers that be. Can you imagine the spin they're putting on the economy. No wonder things are going down the toilet." - Roddguy1

Very true Roddguy! Those holes in Washington are loving the condition they have put this country in. I really believe They have all conspired to bring us to our knees on purpose. It's all a ploy to make us think they are our salvation and to make us think they are doing their best to help us. In all truth, their nothing but evil greedy devils with one sinister motive. How do you control people? You impose hardship and manipulate the economy to make them dependent on you for survival. We are all prisoners of the regime in one form or another in this country now. Some more than others but we're all effected somehow. I've been steadily employed since I was 14 years old until this last April. I'm so desperate that I can't even get a job sacking grocery's now. I'm not alone in my situation either and "the system" is totally responsible for it as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
I just hate people who gripe.

hummm.

At any rate, I went shopping today. Finished up my Christmas shopping as a matter of fact. Now I am not the best shopper in the world, far from it. But what ever happened to marking items in a store with the price? I finally find a price on the bottom of the display item. Okay, I can aford it, it is what I want. So I go stand in line. The lady in front of me is returning something, or exchanging something. The very nice clerk sees me standing there with a box, and ask if I just need the price on the item, or was I ready to purchase? I had to wait for the lady in front of me to finish up. Then it was my turn. When the clerk rings it up she tells me that the item is on sale, and is much less than I expected. There was no sign, and no price marked on the box. As a matter of fact she could have charged me the whole price, and pocketed the rest, and I'd have never known. Sometimes it is just a guess on what the price is. Do they sell those scanner things in a pocket form? How much are they?

I went to make a second pot of coffee. Decided to use the 4cup measuring cup for water. I descovered our "4cup" coffee maker only holds 24oz???? For the math lazy 24oz=3 8oz cups - HUH?

I went to make a second pot of coffee. Decided to use the 4cup measuring cup for water. I descovered our "4cup" coffee maker only holds 24oz???? For the math lazy 24oz=3 8oz cups - HUH?

sam, there's word from unreliable sources that claim there is a government conspiracy about the "4th cup".......it is now claimed it was stolen by the guy on the grassy knoll.......:D

just a little bad humor.....in all honesty its probably metric cups!!!![S:p

FlaGordon

No matter what side of the AISLE you're on, THIS is FUNNY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It all depends on how you look at some things...

Judy Wallman, a professional genealogy researcher in southern California , was doing some personal work on her own family tree. She discovered that Congressman Harry Reid's great-great uncle, Remus Reid, was hanged for horse stealing and train robbery in Montana in 1889. Both Judy and Harry Reid share this common ancestor.

The only known photograph of Remus shows him standing on the gallows in Montana territory:

On the back of the picture Judy obtained during her research is this inscription: 'Remus Reid, horse thief, sent to Montana Territorial Prison 1885, escaped 1887, robbed the Montana Flyer six times. Caught by Pinkerton detectives, convicted and hanged in 1889.'

So Judy recently e-mailed Congressman Harry Reid for information about their great-great uncle.

Harry Reid:

Believe it or not, Harry Reid's staff sent back the following biographical sketch for her genealogy research:

"Remus Reid was a famous cowboy in the Montana Territory . His business empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the Montana railroad. Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to government service, finally taking leave to resume his dealings with the railroad. In 1887, he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the renowned Pinkerton Detective Agency. In 1889, Remus passed away during an important civic function held in his honor when the platform upon which he was standing collapsed."

NOW THAT's how it's done, Folks!

That's real POLITICAL SPIN (sorry no photos)

thats just to funny I knew sumtin was up with him !!!

I just hate people who gripe.

hummm.

At any rate, I went shopping today. Finished up my Christmas shopping as a matter of fact. Now I am not the best shopper in the world, far from it. But what ever happened to marking items in a store with the price? I finally find a price on the bottom of the display item. Okay, I can aford it, it is what I want. So I go stand in line. The lady in front of me is returning something, or exchanging something. The very nice clerk sees me standing there with a box, and ask if I just need the price on the item, or was I ready to purchase? I had to wait for the lady in front of me to finish up. Then it was my turn. When the clerk rings it up she tells me that the item is on sale, and is much less than I expected. There was no sign, and no price marked on the box. As a matter of fact she could have charged me the whole price, and pocketed the rest, and I'd have never known. Sometimes it is just a guess on what the price is. Do they sell those scanner things in a pocket form? How much are they?

I dont know where you find them or what they cost but if you find out please let me know. Nothing is ever priced correctly around me. Heck most of the time you never see the right sale signs up

Wow must be really small cups. What a rip off. Dont they know that coffee drinkers drink coffee in huge cups??

country speed bump

wm_Big-Snake.jpg

Hey Earthman, is that an Auburn in that last pic? Gotta love the hide away headlights back in the 30s.

I heard from a guy, that heard from another guy that the guys from Hemming's may be on there way to see me. I'll fill y'all in with the full story when i hear it. Could be neat, wait till you see this thing im gonna get my grubby hands on....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back