Finally going to start

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubbytomdaman

The weather has finally broke and my new 1966 F100 has burning up my imagination since I rescued her about a month ago.She was sitting along the side of a busy alley right off the main street,along with the garbage trucks and the less then supervised kids running around,she wasnt hurt to bad,someone stole her side badges and there is a small crack in the lower pass side front windshield,a few rust spots but other then that not to bad for sitting there for 5 years.I have been eyeballing her ever since she was parked there,went by it every day on the way home from work,tried several times to see if it was for sale but nobody was ever home,until right before Christmas I was going by after work and I seen a guy in the yard cleaning up after someone crashed into his house drunk,just missing the truck,he lived out of town so that explained why I couldnt get ahold of any one,Talked him into selling,Finally i have a truck and its a classic to boot.

Prep

I have srayed down the engine and got it alot cleaner then it was without pulling it,dont have a puller anyways or garage.Need to drain the fuel,real old and funky smelling.Drain all fluids,you know,all the basic steps.

threaduselesswithoutpics.jpg

not so fast,measure once?

Didn't get anything done to the old 66 yesterday,sons 85 Buick LaSabre,Limited,Collectors Edition(was given to me for the price of"Just get it out of here",two years ago.Was sitting next a barn for about 10 years after Grandma passed,had moss growing along the bottom side that was against the barn,checked the fluids,put a battery in her and fired her up,drove it home 20 miles(cautiously) gave it to my son for his first car,Nice first car,right.Burns about a quart of oil a week,hardly any smoke out the exhaust,never looked into that yet,valve guides I was told?)Drivers window stopped working,wouldn't go down,checked for the obvious,was getting power to the motor(up position on the switch)bought new motor,ground out the rivets,decided the plug in new motor to see how it was going to work,nothing,wiggled switch,got juice but not in the down position?Took apart switch and it was all gunk-ed up with old grease and dust,dirt,and moss(imagine that)the contacts where all carboned up also.Cleaned it all up and guess what? ya thats right,the motor worked,plugged in the old motor and (you see it coming?)it worked fine!Note to self,"check switches in both/all positions"Duh.Reminded me that you should always measure twice and cut once,Man I'm getting to old for those kinda mistakes,so I thought.Oh well,have to exchange the motor for stuff for the old 66

Last edited:
Where did you see a rule that u needed a certain number of posts to post pictures? Only limit I know of is if you want to run a for sale ad?? :confused:

Trying to post some pictures!

Had the rules for posting pictures confused with another site,mostly because I read that you couldn't sell anything until you had 20 post,combined with that in the User CP,I cant find anywhere to make an album,just figured it wasn't available until I had enough post like some sites,was able to down load my avatar and profile picture,just cant find/figure out how to post pictures,can anyone lead me in the right direction,so I can show you guys my new 66 Ford F100,besides my avatar and profile pic

Click on Post Reply, scroll down the page until you see Manage Attachments click on that, browse your computer, click on the pics you want to upload then click on the upload button, close that window, post your reply, the attachments will be on the bottom of the post.
Remember the largest pic can only be 1024 x ? no bigger or, you'll get a token message or, an image too large message.

Latest posts

Back