Hole in the head project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another idea is to switch to manual brakes. With no booster, I could stick the clutch master next to the brake master right on he damn firewall. .....no crazy hacking of the body required.

Or hydroboost?

I think there were maybe some chevy vans that had a compact hydroboost unit. Anybody know what I might be halfway remembering?

Edit: tahoe's have them
Screenshot_20240906_130934_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240906_130956_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I couldn't make the trip to Dad's this weekend, I'm waiting on an alternator to show up for the Yaris.

Trying to nail down what I want for stance. I went to the Triple Crown of Rodding and confirmed that I only love low cars. Do I want to narrow the front suspension and tuck the wheels in the stock wheelwells? Like this chevy II?
FB_IMG_1725925320423.jpg

Or raise/reshape the wheel openings for clearance and leave the wheels where they are? Along the lines of this (not much different than a C5 corvette).
Screenshot_20240912_195118_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
I think I could narrow the arms a few inches if I move the shock inside the coil

s-l1200-12.jpg

I don't think I can tuck as hard as my truck, but maybe enough.

20230408_105840.jpg

Raising the wheelwell would probably be way easier. I'm thinking just getting rid of the flat top, and going round. It should give me 2-3 inches more room?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back