Project pictures

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agdeuce

Here are some pics of my 36' Ford pickup project chassis etc. I started with a 38' rusted out chassis. The back half was gone. I used 2X4 rectangular tube and kicked the back 21" (I used a 9" from a 74" Torino with coil springs because I had it). I ran the tubing inside the old rusty rails and formed them to follow the frame forward to the "X" member front. I also kicked the front frame up 6" and lengthened it 6". Then a I shortened the "X" member and kicked it to match. Shortening the "X" member opened the gap between each rail allowing more room for trans and mount. I am using a 250 inline 6 with an S-10 5 speed trans. You use what you can find and afford even though it may mean a lot of work. I hope I got this picture thing right. Later

Attachments

• Truck 8-17-2011.jpg
    Truck 8-17-2011.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Truck 8-18-2011.jpg
    Truck 8-18-2011.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN0465.jpg
    DSCN0465.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN0466.jpg
    DSCN0466.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN0467.jpg
    DSCN0467.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 17
hi

welcome.

". I hope I got this picture thing right. Later"

yep, ya did fine on the pics:D

later, hey that's my line, hahahahahaaaa :eek:

gotta like them old trucks[cl

Later:cool:

Ummm...you might want to restart this thread over in the
'Builds" section instead of the "Introductions" section since you already did an intro. Then you can just keep adding to the thread as you go.

Nice looking frame too. Any pics of the cab?

Builds versus Intro

Well I think that is a great idea. Since I am a new guy it will take some time to figure out all the processes for the site. Thanks for the suggestion I will see if I can figure out how to send the pics and info over to "Builds"

IHC grill

I like the grill too and best of all my buddy found it in Texas at a friends house. His friend gave it to me and my friend brought it home to Oregon. Ain't it great to have friends. It is perfect for the truck because the chin is missing a portion and I wouldn't want to cut up a decent piece. I was originally using a 34' IHC grill but I like this much better for this build. Thanks to all.

Latest posts

Back