RRRR some people on other sites are just

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HOT40ROD

I was on another site and there was something about the 351 Cleveland and I tried to inject my knowledge of that motor being that we racing them then there were new and the issue we had with them and the confusion That Ford it self played into this motor.

I love it when people think they know but they don't and try to make you look wrong. There are some people there that know my knowledge of the Fords and respect it.

Sorry just had to rant.

Like they say, "Opinions are like belly buttons, we all have them but they are all different."..........or something like that. :D I know what you mean, but even worse than that is someone who you try to help and they take offense at it and want to argue!

A guy came on another forum and said he had a 350 Chevy that looked stock and it had roller rockers on it. I said I didn't know of any 350 that had them (maybe with the exception of some of the brand new motors, which I know nothing about) and I simply said "are you sure they are roller rockers ?" Well, he went off on me saying "I take real offense at that, this is not my first rodeo, etc, etc........I KNOW what roller rockers look like!!!!!!!!!!"

Geez, I told him I have met people with thin skin but he takes the cake, and that if he comes on forums with that attitude he won't last long. As far as I know he hasn't been back.................GOOD !! :D

Don

Geez Don, you scared off another one!:eek::D. I used to go on another site as a regular, but the knowitalls always have to interject their version into threads even though they're wrong. One fella in particular took great offense at being told he was wrong and he builds hotrods for a living. He finally stopped posting as much as he did and I miss his knowledge and humor. So I quit too. That's what I really like about RRR, people seem to get along without all of the verbal animosity.

Last edited:
It just a guy ask a question if the 351 C had the same bell pattern and motor mounts as a 302. The info he was getting was all wrong so I jump in to correct and I guess I step on some toe of people that though they new it all. The last one was going on for three days and it just got under my skin. And to say that I was not what I claim to be and they do not even know me.

That why I like it here everyone is open to what others have to say. And hey if I'm wrong I will double check and admit it.

I have a new one for you. I'm trying to sell a C6 that fits the smallblock pattern right now. I posted it up on Craigslist and this guy e-mails me saying that he thinks I have a C4. I didn't post a picture so he's coming up with this all on his own. I sent him a link to a site explaining about the C6 and how they did make some small block versions although they are somewhat rare.

He shoots me back an e-mail ranting about how he's been lookng over technical manuals for 25 years and "maybe he should have just been listening to me instead" and that the manuals say there never was a C6 to fit a small block.

He's not interested in the thing so why does he pick a fight over it? People are interesting sometimes.

It's simple.
It's called 'anonimity' and these freaks can hide behind it all day long thanks to the net.
Most of the 'critics' on every site or forum know nothing apart from 'Wikipedia' and take great pleasure from imparting their useless knowledge whenever they can.
Don't blame the h.amb',it's universal but the h.amb has so many members its just more prevelant.
I have posted on many forums many times that if you haven't built a car or have first hand knowledge of the topic to shut up and asked for pictures to prove it and it seems to work.

mmmm, I have to disagree with you there, the H's have a lot of members but there's also a much higher percentage rate of A's on their MB. I heard how bad they were but I didn't want to just take everyone's word for it and assume. So I joined up and I lasted 3 days before I just couldn't take them anymore.

I regularly cruise 3 forums right now, I belong to 5. My oldest is 5yrs old and rounding out 2,500 posts and I have to say they are all incredible and full of knowledgeable people helping other people. I was not impressed with the H##B.

No C6 Small block trans. That a good one. Not as common as the BB or FEs but worth more then them. And most people do not know the last year for the C6 was 1996.

But anyway I just had to rant .

No C6 Small block trans. That a good one. Not as common as the BB or FEs but worth more then them. And most people do not know the last year for the C6 was 1996.

But anyway I just had to rant .

Jeez, I must have been dreaming too, I had a couple small block pattern C6's, after all, they most commonly came behind Clevelands.
As English Bob said, it's the anonimity of the internet these morons hide behind. Same guys can be found at the car shows, trolling around, cutting down peoples rides, sometimes I follow them around and eavesdrop to hear how thick the BS is then step in to correct them after some outrageous statement - 99 times out of a 100, they scurry off and get in their beat Civic to sneak away......

It is a lot like the guys who look at your car and begin to tell you what's wrong with it. Most times, if you ask them where their car is so you can critique it, they "left it at home". :rolleyes:

I always liked the bumper sticker that read "The more I know people the better I like my dog." :D

Don

Jeez, I must have been dreaming too, I had a couple small block pattern C6's, after all, they most commonly came behind Clevelands.
As English Bob said, it's the anonimity of the internet these morons hide behind. Same guys can be found at the car shows, trolling around, cutting down peoples rides, sometimes I follow them around and eavesdrop to hear how thick the BS is then step in to correct them after some outrageous statement - 99 times out of a 100, they scurry off and get in their beat Civic to sneak away......

I love it when they are in person. I will play so long then cut them down.

The time I found one of my old builds and the guy was telling me how he built it and everything he did. I played then I said You think the same way I think because you I built the twin to the one I built years ago. I turned and walked away and my friend looks at the guy and said he (Meaning me) built that car. Till this day that guy avoids me. I love the the one on one, it when they hid behind there computer in there mommy's basement that gets under my skin.

You got to remember I was a fire official and had to interview people after they had a fire.

It is a lot like the guys who look at your car and begin to tell you what's wrong with it. Most times, if you ask them where their car is so you can critique it, they "left it at home". :rolleyes:

I always liked the bumper sticker that read "The more I know people the better I like my dog." :D

Don

It like the saying I have. If I like you is a good thing. If I do not like you, that Ok. But If I don't like you and you make me mad, Your really not going to like me.

Or It soon time to purge the gene pool. That one gets me in trouble.

I'm on over 60 forums...the HAMB is my second favorite, RRR is my favorite because of a lot of the guys that are here. If anyone has thin skin these forums aren't the best place to hangout and if some of you think the HAMB is bad you should hangout on Pirate4x4 for a while.

Over the years I've noticed that the worst flamings I've seen have mostly been brought on by the ignorance of the original poster...my mother used to tell me think before you speak, today it's think before you type.

Just because you've never heard of a small pattern C6 doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Sometimes you're better off to keep your trap shut and listen, you might just learn something.

To build a car requires skills, knowledge and experience. To criticize a car requires nothing but a mouth.

Most of the troublemakers on the Hamb are Either Gold Chainers or most often something like the wanna be biker type. they put on a black teeshirt and get some tats and suddenly they think they are billy badass. Most of them come from middle class backgrounds and few have ever been in prison. I went to prison for 2 years when I was 18 and while it hardly qualifies me as a badass It did make a man out of me and opened my eyes to the fakeness people put on. In the Joint they call it your Jacket.
The first thing I noticed was the politeness everyone put on. Alot of excuse me please and thank you. nobody wanted trouble.
An old hard timer told me that if you can half assed take care of yourself in a fight you have nothing to worry about. He says "Ya see some people use their skillz and some use their mouth... if you treat people with respect you'll get respect. Anyone you really need to worry about isn't going to be running their mouth... they jus gonna do that thing that they do on you and you aint gonn see it coming or they aint gonna be nothing you can do about it. but they aint gonna do anything to you unless you give them a real good reason to even hard core killers in here understand respect and no-one wants to go to the hole. and dont back down from no-one you bend over for one and all the punks think it's their turn on you."
And it was true in the joint and in real life.
in the joint when someone was messing with you the appropriate response was "Do your own time" which meant don't take out your situation on me.
When anyone came up to me running their mouth about they were gonna do this or do that...I tool off my peeps, looked em in the eye put up my dukes and said right now, put up or shut up.

Some folks are empty and need the outside world to feed back power to them and others have more power than they can imagine from inside themselves

One of the most valuable lessons was that I don't care what anyone thinks of me. I'd prefer that you like me. and if you don't like me as long as you hate me for true reasons not lies from backtalking haters or misunderstandings I'm fine with that too.
I find the most honest relationship you have with anyone is when they are angry with you. The fire of anger burns the truth out through the lies. people don't say things they don't mean when they are angry. they say the things they really do mean but have been concealing or censoring. if someone has something against you or is not honest in their relationship with you it will come out if you **** them off hot enough.
Not **** them off with injustice or by being wrong yourself but as the fella said about show me the pictures... **** them off with truth.
show them the truth and put them in a position to own up to it.
Or if someone is ling to you and you suspect it...or doesent want to answer your question about a thing...Using knowlege about the topic your drilling the other person on you can craft other questions. Most often they will give you your information answering the first question when they try to obfuscate the crafted questions. they might not come right out with it but you can build enough of the truth to put it all together and lay it out for them and answer you question in your own words with an educated assumtion. You lay it out before them "you said this this and this" and even if they won't admit it you can tell by their expression or emotion when you hit the nail on the head. Most of the times they will just do like on TV and admit to the truth you discovered piece by piece and justify their position on what they were concealing from you.

get people angry enough and they spill their beans or show their fail.

It's the lesser man that makes the most noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back