Took a ride in a WWII B-17 Bomber

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hummmm!!!

Cool. Everbody please note that he failed to invite his brother who loves WWII aircraft.....................shameful

Hummmm... looks like nothin' will be gettin' done on a certain sweet 'lil '55 anytime soon!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

Congrats Racer... that was awesome!!!

BoB

Gentleman..Or is that simply men,I was born in the era of black outs,Tusgegee Alabama airmen and P38s 17 s and a host of other air craft in a family that had 2 Aces and never heard anything other than airplane talk except when Mr Einstein came to see Dad.Dad worked in Test flight at Middletown<Pa.You know about 3 mile Island and I know about the many well kept secrets of the genuis it took to win that sorry war.Now glamorized by the media,Hollywood and video games.I am afraid that those of you that are quick to say,I wish I lived in those times may be thankful to GOD that you were not.For in that day of rationing,Gas food and anything else all the current idiots take out in a garbage bag everyday,Times of blackouts ,stars hung in windows and people that actually knew and cared for and about each other.Yeah anyone can wish but to be in that B17 ,that darn flying fortress,at 18 or 19 and not knowing if you would ever get that Model A running you left back home in california and to wonder if Mom and pop Yeager wold miss their son if he didnt come home from OVER there,wherever that might be.Allways Remember what Smokey Yunick told me at the International garage in Daytona.ONly give em your name rank and serial number.BLESS>>

this is so true,, it was adark time for america, but in those times america was at her best! she had honour and morals, people worked, people cared for their neighbors,,simply put, americas heart was pumping RED WHITE AND BLUE<<AMERICA STILL HAD GRIT !!! she stuck together, angainst a common foe! SHE WAS THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD NO MATTER HOW BAD IIT GOT! AND IN THE END OF WW2 SHE CAME OUT VICTORIOUS!!Many lives lost but even more set free!Yes dark times, but what came out from those times, was a nation that could hold her head high! so yes i could say to live or even died in that time ,, it would have been a honour!!! SO SAYS THE PREACHER!!

You are right Tripper. Could have bought a few 55 parts for the cost of the flight. Oh well, it was worth the $425.00:eek::eek: and the 55 project is on hold until we get Gastricks project fully operational anyway.

Cycledog you were correct. That check was made out to the Collings Foundation. Hope you guys enjoyed the pics.

I was looking through pictures, and found this one.
newBakersfieldairshowupdate-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back