38 GMC Part 2

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang dude!

Yer really gettin it done.

Im really liking this build. It has a perfect stance and just a kool look.:D
Cant wait to see sum more.

p.s. You really look a lot prettier wen yer settin in the truck! LOL:D RR

Looking great goose-em!!![clAppreciate all the photos . Hopefully you can post a video when she is all done and running...

wow looks great.

im new to this as well but i think youll be under your scrub line once you install the motor. just my $0.02

keep up the great work man.

I would agree on the scrub line based on the picture shown. However the frame is well above the scrub line with the motor installed.

In the pic the grill is not mounted and is just sitting there. It is several inches lower than it will be when complete and much lower than the bottom of the frame.

Thanks for the advice though, most guys don't even think about the scrub line when they build.

well love the frount suspension. [cl

Just wondering if it would work as good with the rear spring mount and pivot mount were ridged. I know it would make a slightly rougher ride since there would be no movement pass the current pivot point but it would really simplify the installation (Just wondering)

so since there is a patten pending are you building and selling kits yet[P

well love the frount suspension. [cl

Just wondering if it would work as good with the rear spring mount and pivot mount were ridged. I know it would make a slightly rougher ride since there would be no movement pass the current pivot point but it would really simplify the installation (Just wondering)

so since there is a patten pending are you building and selling kits yet[P

I am building and selling. You cannot have a hard mount at the back or it will change your steering geometry and most likely break the spring.

This is adaptable to both front and rear suspension.

Hey goose-em, can you post a direct side view of your truck when you get a chance? Also you running the original steering box? Like to see how you are going to steer her...

Engine is finally home. I will get some more photo's up later and a run down of what was done.

Attachments

• Drivers side engine.jpg
    Drivers side engine.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 74
So here she is in the truck

Will post up more photo's later, been a long day.

1938 Pontiac 223
.060 over
Custom ground cam, Egge Machine
Custom made aluminum pistons, Egge macine
Edmunds Custom Intake
2X Stromberg 97
40 pounds taken off the crank, yes I said 40 pounds:eek:
Head milled .095
Deck milled .025
Compression ratio 7.5:1 (up from 6:1)
Hardened valve seats
Special grind on valves to increase flow
Ported and polished intake and exhaust
Relieved cylinders
Original adjustable lifters with a little something special to match the cam
New wrist pins, the old ones were junk and weak. New ones are MUCH stronger
4" stroke
Balanced and blueprinted
A bunch of other stuff that I can't remember.

In the end we are thinking around 190 -200 horsepower. Pretty good improvement over the stock 85.

By lighting the crank and pistons we can also get a few more ponies and a few more revs.

Don't even ask how much for this old flathead.

Amazing what lengths we will go to in order to run a really unique engine.

Attachments

• side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 200134_1879601597589_1467762649_32041121_7001773_n.jpg
    200134_1879601597589_1467762649_32041121_7001773_n.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 101

Latest posts

Back