1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todays early morning efforts...

Started to blast the 2nd fender and a pic of my self filling sandblaster.(Patent Pending.[cl ).
Back out to do some yard work before the rain comes.
See ya later.....
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 37
Todays installment.

Tidying up some odds and ends.
Pic 1 shows the gap between the floor frame and the back wall of the cab. A quick glance shows that the DS is not the same as the PS. [S Not acceptable.

Pics 2 and 3. One inch difference between sides. So after some thought I realized that after the floor framing was put in I reattached the loose brace that runs under the rear window and curves into the door jamb. In doing this it pulled in the back wall of the cab causing the difference between sides.

Pic 4. Cut out the old weld. I never did figure out why this brace came off in the first place as there was no sign of damage to the cab. Must have just popped a spot weld and allowed things to sag.

Pics 5 and 6. Wife wandered into the shop and thought that this was cute so she took a couple of pics. Looks like Frankenstein making his own repairs.:eek:
Used the port-a-power to push the brace and back wall of the cab to where it need to be. Also put in a couple of relief cuts in the brace allowing me to pull it in towards the door jamb for welding.

Pic 7. Gap back where it should be. It is within a 1/8 of an inch of the other side so we will call it good. Door gap is still good so we will call it even better.
Thanks for visiting...
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 35
How many 1 legged fatmen does it take to move a project truck???

Only 1 if you have a winch.;)
Moved the truck forward in the shop so that I will be able to put up my tall overhead lift.
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 39
Those are pretty good little winches. I burned one up overloading it, so I bought me a small snatch block to double the pulling power. Twice as powerfull, half as fast!

Those are pretty good little winches. I burned one up overloading it, so I bought me a small snatch block to double the pulling power. Twice as powerfull, half as fast!

Innovation is the name of the game when you work by yourself most of the time[cl

Haven't had a problem with this one Bama. Mostly just use it to pull cars up on trailers. Worked swell for moving the truck.[cl

"Innovation". I like that word Old Iron. My wife prefers to use other ones such as "stupidity" or "&%$$**# nuts". :eek:
I will wait till she is gone tomorrow to put that 12 foot cross beam up on top of the 12 foot up rights.:D:D
Torchie.

The one I burned up, we were trying to load a 60's truck with four flats and locked up brakes. Overheated the motor too many times. The one I have now has loaded some heavy stuff with the snatch block. I have a mount welded onto the front of my trailer to use it there, as well as a spare mount if I need to pull from the truck or tractor.

Just finished putting up my overhead hoist.
For some reason it was alot harder this time then it was 3 years ago.[S:eek:[S
I built this to pull the engine out of my wife's boat when I rebuilt it.
Last pic shows us pulling the boat engine. Had to be able to raise it over 8 feet to clear the boat deck. Lifted it up to the bottom of the rafters and turned the engine sideways and raised it more going between the rafters.:D
It will be interesting to see how well I walk tomorow......:)
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0688.JPG
    IMG_0688.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 41
Looks pretty strong. What are you planning on lifting?

Oh yeah it's strong IB. When ever I have to stand under something I tend to over build.:eek::eek:
Going to use it to pull the cab. As well as the flathead. Then lift the frame so I can pull the rear end. Lots of stuff.

Looks like you have it under control.
A good hoist is invaluable.

Under control is a relative term in my world Old Iron ;)
Like you said earlier. When you work by yourself you have to get creative. Hoist will stay in place until I am ready to put the cab back on.(Wow that statement infers that I am actualy going to work on this).:D
Thanks for visiting....
Torchie.

Todays slim pickings.....

Cut and welded in the the last of the floor framing today.
Also got the shop ready to push the truck back under the overhead hoist.
Some last minute measurements and some reference pics and the plan is to pull the cab tomorrow.:D
Thanks for stopping by....
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 25
Looks like youre making some good progress, however that is one of the least fin things in my opinion, removing the cab and putting it back on!

Looks like youre making some good progress, however that is one of the least fin things in my opinion, removing the cab and putting it back on!

Nothing much done since my last post DR.
Moved the truck around by hand the other day getting ready to pull the cab off and literally haven't been able to walk since then.:eek:
How's that old song go." Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be..."
Hoping for progress tomorrow.
Torchie.

Latest posts

Back