Big John From Nor cal

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC*90

well, im just starting to get into rods again. i used to be into them when i was 10 or so and now that im 18 and i have some money im going to start on a project. im looking around for a 64-mid 70 chevy p/u. i want the lowered look but i dont want to lower it to much. and im thinkin a dark gray paint job and for the rims: black with a chrome lip. as of right now i drive a 89 ranger (2wd), 5" lift, 15" eagle racing rims, 31" bfgs.

-Big J

Welcome!!!

DC*90,
Welcome to the forum... glad u found us! Let us know when u find a project & in the mean time... make u're self @ home & feel free to join rat in!

BoB

Welcome aboard

Those older trucks like that have soo much potiential.

Lots of knowledge around here. Don't be affraid to ask questions.

well i found out from a friend that his dads buddy has a couple 64 short beds so after i get my money out of a trust fund ill go and see if i can get one for under 500. and then i want to put a 327 with a hot cam, good intake, and carb + dress it up some. i dont know if i want to go with a flat color, or make it purdy. ive always loved a gun gray/black rim combo. only time will tell. after that im going to start on my "tug boat" a 63 1/2 ford galaxie. its been in the family for a long time. now that is either getting a red or matte gray paint job and rebuild the 390 or find a 429 for a decent price

got some pix uploaded to my photobucket

galaxie1.jpg

galaxie2.jpg

galaxie2.jpg

i went to chico for a "welding competition" for the ffa. maybe we can do some bsing some time. its about a 4 hour cruise

Welcome to RRR, DC*90. Trucks of that year range have a lot of potential. I'd say keep the 390 in the Galaxie. It's a real good motor in it's own right.

Latest posts

Back