I`m looking for a job ...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonMan

I was told yesterday that my current position is being dissolved. I have been expecting this for a couple weeks now, but was verbally promised that I would be moved to another position that pays the same or more. The verbal promise has been broken and now I`m being offered an entry-level position with a big pay cut. So today, I have decided that I will move on. I was working as an outside saleman for an auto parts supplier. I achieved many goals and set a few precedents last year. Paint and body supply sales were up 42% over last year, but it appears the corporate fools do not care. Oh well.

So ..... does anyone know where I might find a decent paying job in Texas ? My background is in sales, mostly automotive type stuff and equipment, but I really can sell anything. Actually, I am a man of many talents. I`d just like a steady paycheck. I`m willing to relocate for the right job.

Anyone ?

DonMan,
Sorry for your circumstance. I'm sure lots of the RRR members are. It's just that I (and probably they) don't have any leads for you. I come from an era when it wasn't unusual to work one place all your life. I worked for one company for 32 years. Those days appear to be gone forever.
Good luck with your job search.
Bob

Although I'm in Atlanta I feel your pain.......bob w is right..... it would appear that long term employment gigs are a thing of the past.

I'm a Gen. Elec. retiree & from what I saw the "old guys" where getting pushed out the door as fast as possible.

Good luck on your job search.

Ratty 46

I feel for ya Donman. The job market is horrible where I am. I've been dealing with a work injury for over 1 1/2 years and finally had surgery in November. I'm told when I settle with the insurance company on my lawsuit, I have to quit my job. It's near impossible finding work in my feild. The worst part is I can't even start planning ahead because I have no idea when the Dr. will release me.

Salesman!

I have always been a salesman & run a sales company. I am *always* amazed when bean counters start running a company & get rid of good sales people... this makes no sense @ all & never pays off. Good luck to u... good sales people r always in demand!!!

BoB

Latest posts

Back