inline honda four/indian four replica

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True.... yes all those things would be nice but then again I would be happy with an older unrestored nimbus for under 5 g,s I could live with that....Den

http://www.bikeexif.com/custom-indian-four

custom-indian-four.jpg

Another fine specimen website says the cases were cast special so guess the same could be done with the honda engine....wish cook customs had more info.....Den

Yes, I remember reading that in a magazine,
he had a crankcase cast to accept the Honda pieces.
Then a bunch of machining to make the block usable.

The TQ Midget guys used to just cut the trans off,
and cover the opening with an Aluminum plate.
Brutal and effective, but not world class show bike standards.

Cant find any info on the TQ midget guys or some images of their motorworks would be nice to find to get some ideas of how to do it cheap and dirty.I dont care about world showbike quality.Den

Easy enough to make a nice finned side cover.

The things I'm not real sure of,

connecting the crank to the clutch/transmission, and a starter.

Verrrryy...interesting...didnt know the side of the case would be so easy to get to and like ya say a finned type cover fabbed up from aluminum plate figger out some way to attach a bmw type trans and mayby shaft drive what do the boss hog V8 motorcycles use for a trans seems doable....now where is an old cbx honda 550 or 750....gotta keep my eyes peeled ...dont think there would be issues with rear cylinders heating up on something like this .......gotta try it ti find out......thanks for the link ian.Lets try to keep this post going the more info the better...Den

Forget the V8 bikes, they are direct drive, and very expensive.:mad:

Maybe a Honda CX 650 trans, 5 speed, shaft drive;since they are a separate unit.

The 650 gears are wider/stronger than the 500.
100_4969.jpg

2451609789_a3eb35925d_b.jpg

Blackcx3.jpg

Last edited:
So lets see I need to find a cb 550,750 and mayby a cx honda 650 wonder how many junkers are out there seems like the cb hondas are getting to be a little rare these days as guys are starting to restore them....thinking of posting on the overhead cam four forum if anybody has done something like this but dont want to insult the purists by taking a honda and turning the motor sideways ... they will probably say WHY????.haha.

Last edited:
Thanks for the links Ya 40 year old honda ...may not be a good choice but the newer ones look kind of top heavy with all the bulging rocker covers thought the old cb were bullet proof.

Yes, the newer bike motors look a little "high tech".
Might look better if they were smoothed and polished.

Definitely remove any manufacturers markings.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back