Missing member alert!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

Time to send out a APB on a few MIA RRR members! Sgt Pontiac, where are you? ChristCrusader, you still around? HotRodPreacher, haven't seen you around lately! Azroddave, did the heat get you?

Probably a few more regulars MIA that I can't name right now, too.

Yeah, how we sposed to know all the guys are alright unless ya check in once in a while?....I think they all started riding bicycles....[ddd:D

I think I read somewheres on here that AZDave had liquidated all of his cars stuff except his daily...

Sgtpontiac comes and goes sometimes for a year at a time...

There's a awful lot of members that go hot and heavy for a while then drift off...

Ya get to feel like they're friends then they're gone.

Sometimes people's interests change. I know a few that drifted away and I see them pop up in other places. The rat rod craze hits them, they drag home an incomplete shell, then eventually reality sets in and they realize they are way short on the time, money, tools and talent it takes to actually build a car. I think that's what happened to AZdave. I know the reality was hitting him and he was starting to get his head right. I was hoping he would buy a complete runner and stay with us.

Sometimes people's interests change. I know a few that drifted away and I see them pop up in other places. The rat rod craze hits them, they drag home an incomplete shell, then eventually reality sets in and they realize they are way short on the time, money, tools and talent it takes to actually build a car. I think that's what happened to AZdave. I know the reality was hitting him and he was starting to get his head right. I was hoping he would buy a complete runner and stay with us.

THATS WHAT I WANTED HIM TO DO
just buy one and cruise it.
certainly no shame in that!

Maybe I should move on. The only "rat rod" worthy stuff I have can just be classified as a hoarders pile of junk! [cl

P.S. (Shhh! Don't tell anyone the reason I hang out is it's just a plain great group of people!)[P

Maybe I should move on. The only "rat rod" worthy stuff I have can just be classified as a hoarders pile of junk! [cl

P.S. (Shhh! Don't tell anyone the reason I hang out is it's just a plain great group of people!)[P

I'll second that emotion........;)[cl[cl
(not the move on thing jfg....but the other part)

Am i the only one to see sgt's entry on golds batt charge thread at 1631 hrs [S

My brother the cop was a strong silent type also. :eek:

Welcome home dude [cl

Looked back and realized it was jan 15, i guess i am an old foogy

Last edited:
well my interests haven't changed, but life has... I am now working as a full time pastor and traveling to a seminary 2 days a week, so car building is very slow for me now... especially since my shop is a 45 minute drive from where I live now

because of that I drifted off site for a while... just in the last week or so have I began to drift my internet interest back to the RRR.

just as an update, I still have my 46 ford truck, and have, with the help of all my kiddos, rebuilt a 74 mercury comet for the wife. Just Tuesday my 13 year old son and I dragged out my 66 f-100 for him to wrench on, so maybe ill remember how to post pics up of that project soon.

and I agree with previous sentiments, there is a pretty good group of folks on here...:cool:

Good to hear from you HRP! Have to post up some pics of that Comet, I might even still have a part or two around here from the Comets I parted out when I built my 74 Maverick.

Yes, we're still mostly the same good bunch of folks, Tripper don't allow that riprap crowd to stick around![cl

Now where has Corpo gone? And Bonehead has been absent a long time.
Many have slipped away. It would be nifty if someone on here with time on their hands could keep an attendance roster of the regulars and kept us updated when someone was off the radar for a while.

This is just a hope guys! You all know how much time is involved in building these cool rides we come here to see every day. Spending the time to do build threads also takes alot of time. Lots of the guys are probably picking up work on the side to earn some funds and some are because they get so busy with other people coming to them for work. I'm personally hoping that they are taking time to wear blisters on their butts riding around and enjoying their projects that they have entertained us so much with during the builds.
I know bonehead has projects going for others plus an offroad event at Moab I think that 21willys was also talking about trying to attend. I'm sure others are in the same boat. Not so much here as we have spring and summer weather all year long, but you know when people have been building all winter in other areas get the rides ready to stroll,,,that's what I hope, they're putting miles on them. We've had a few we've been missing checking in. If we keep asking about them, they'll keep checking in.
I've been stalled on a simple motor/tranny swap because I'm wearing rubber off the rears on the "Nuttin Special" and I hope others are following the same path.

I hear you SF, the only thing i've done this year is put 1500 miles on mine. I'll get back at it soon, no really [S

We just hope all is well, we are a caring bunch [cl

Latest posts

Back