Pet roll call.......let's see 'em!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's too bad Bob W. Some of the toughest things I've ever had to do is take the family pet for that "last ride". They become good companions and it's really sad when they go.

Oh, God Bob, that is the worst thing for a pet lover to go through. All of our original cats got to be about 17 years old and within the past couple of years we lost Sassy, Scooter, Sniffy, and Alto, I can still see their little faces as I left them for the last time at the vets. :(

The only consolation is that we gave them a good home and lots of love for their entire life. So many animals never had that opportunity, like the strays I feed at my shop every night. One by one they just keep disappearing and you always wonder what has happened to them.

When the time is right, save another little life and give it the same love you gave this one. I swore I never wanted another pet but Lucky and Chewy have changed my mind on that.

Don

That is a lot of companionship over the years Bob. I know how your feeling but it is a part of life. I read your post then started in making breakfast when the middle daughter called & you could tell in her voice that something was wrong. One of her cats passed along last night on their back doorstep. They are so easy to get attached too.

Don, This a.m. I came across this thread. I had a similar one awhile back on dogs. I do feel bad & that a repeated subject really wasn't needed. It is fun to see all of the pets! Guess I need to check in more often. Rex

2007_0808bing0161.jpg

Thankyou guys for the condolences about Willie. In his prime he was the most graceful runner I have ever seen.
Here he is wanting to go racing.
I'm so grateful for the friends I have here on RRR.

Beautiful dog, Bob. They become family members who don't borrow money or ask for anything but a bowl of food and all your attention.

Like I said, you may not feel like it now but someday save another dogs life and give it the same love, in honor of Willie.

Don

Bob sorry to read about Willie.

Here a face only a mother could love, and my wingman stuie

Attachments

• DSC00466.JPG
    DSC00466.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00453.JPG
    DSC00453.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 11
these are my two mis-marked labs,skiff and sailor,this is a old pic when they were pups.now one weighs 86 and the other 105 lbs

Picture207.jpg

Haha, my Mom had a St. Bernard, his name was Tiny. He was the ornriest dog and was always into something, and loved ice cream. I would bring him a cup of ice cream and he would grab it in his mouth and take off running.

St. Bernard pups are the cutest little furballs when they are little, I remember the day I bought him for her. Didn't take long for him to become not so small though. :eek: Even though I was married and had moved away, he never forgot me and would come running when I would visit my Mom, putting those huge paws on my shoulders and looking me in the eyes.:D

Don

Don't forget STRONG Don....my cousin had a bernard long ago and she got loose one day. I caught her in the back of their 2 acre lot. I grabbed her by the collar and was going to bring her home. Some how she backed up quickly and my hand slid under her collar while she went around me from behind. I fell with my hand stuck in her collar and she took off for home!!! What a ride...I felt like a rag doll being drug along.....just glad she decided to go home and not for a run!!

We've got a regular cat community around here. Clubfoot is a 20+pound tom that showed up and took over a couple years ago. Zephyr was abandoned as a newborn, in my laundry room, about 14 years ago. She's the real boss but lets Clubfoot do the dirty work. And little Tuner just takes what she can. There's about fifteen or so more running around here. Every one of them has a place in the "pecking order" and they know it. I've got two, one-eyed cats, one of which is not too bright, a couple of real friendly ones, and a couple of "don't touch me or I'll show you some of your own blood" cats. The rest are friendly, well behaved critters. And they all get along with, in fact, eat dinner with, the local raccoons and 'possums. It just wouldn't the same without all these guys trying to help to do things.

Attachments

• Clubfoot.jpg
    Clubfoot.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Zephyr.jpg
    Zephyr.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Tuner.jpg
    Tuner.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 10
Haha, my Mom had a St. Bernard, his name was Tiny. He was the ornriest dog and was always into something, and loved ice cream. I would bring him a cup of ice cream and he would grab it in his mouth and take off running.

St. Bernard pups are the cutest little furballs when they are little, I remember the day I bought him for her. Didn't take long for him to become not so small though. :eek: Even though I was married and had moved away, he never forgot me and would come running when I would visit my Mom, putting those huge paws on my shoulders and looking me in the eyes.:D

Don

Symphony is in heat right now and chuck will not leave her alone for nothing.......have to lock him out at night right now otherwise he just wines for her.......he nows his job well...lol..............they are both registered with champion bloodlines

Everybody thinks St. Bernards are those cuddly, friendly dogs that have a keg around their neck and love everybody, but Tiny was not so friendly. He loved us all but he took a bite out of a couple of strangers pants when they came on my Mom's property uninvited. :eek: Not sure why he got that way but he was very protective of her house and just didn't care for people he didn't know.

Don

Here's my buddy, Buddy. Used to love to swim. Now arthritis keeps him wading instead of swimming, but he still loves the water.

BuddyLaunch.jpg

canonaug212009647.jpg

This is the spaz Howie. Saved him from a whacko that beat the tar out of him as a pup. He's 7 now and just getting to not be afraid of his own shadow.

canonaug212009649.jpg

IMG_4523.jpg

LilySam007.jpg

Lots of pictures of great pets, fellas. They are very important in many of our lives.
This thread came to the top a few days ago when I posted that my old boy, Willie had to be put to sleep.
Here's a pic of Lilly & Sam. They will continue to fill my life with joy even though Willie (in the background) is gone.

Latest posts

Back