Alabama tags,

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm..I think I said this before.

Like I stated in another post..if your not involved in local or state law and know whats being passed,then your left on the outside looking in..You HAVE to get involved.Call your state rep. and let him know what has happened..!! See if enough guys will get involved and pass a law HELPING hot rodders out instead of just standing there with our thumbs up our arses...!! Start calling you lawmakers,write letters,stage a protest....DO SOMETHING..!! Stop hiding behind your keyboards..!! [cl

Like I stated in another post..if your not involved in local or state law and know whats being passed,then your left on the outside looking in..You HAVE to get involved.Call your state rep. and let him know what has happened..!! See if enough guys will get involved and pass a law HELPING hot rodders out instead of just standing there with our thumbs up our arses...!! Start calling you lawmakers,write letters,stage a protest....DO SOMETHING..!! Stop hiding behind your keyboards..!! [cl

[cl EXTREMELY WELL SAID BADRATT!! Unless we make our voices heard we have nobody to blame for this sort of BS but ourselves! I've been thinking about some of this myself and it's really sad that a bunch of damn bureaucratic a-hole politicians have more control over our hobby than we do!

Ya'll laugh at the NSRA all ya want but one thing is for sure, they have had a positive role in making sure legislation doesn't ruin things for them.

I hate to say it but the NRRA doesn't sound that stupid after all! [S

T1

So how difficult will it be to tag a vehicle that comes into the state that is already tagged ?

all cars that were built did not have vin# they had serial numbers on the frame and motor. in alabama you can use the engine serial number to register with if you don't have a serial number on the body if it was built before 1954. you can have a police officer verify the numbers on a form if you can't drive the car to the tag office.

Being from alabama myself , I went through this same problem on my Model A. I researched the vin and found I didn't have one since I bought a body with no engine or frame ( no numbers ) . So I came up with some appropriate numbers ? went to the trophy shop and had a plate made with the numbers on it and had a police officer sign off on the inspection sheet, took that to the court house and got my car tag . It was that simple since alabama has no title for pre- 1975 vehicles . Then I was able to get my insurance and drive LEGAL .

Latest posts

Back