Baby it's cold outside

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend from when I lived in Michigan that races motorcycles on the ice. He's nuts, but then again, so is that sport :p

A local car from a local forum. (I don't know the guy but he's clearly an "enthusiast" at 10 degrees below. :D)

Reminds of a club around the Chicago area that puts on a cruise on the day of the super bowl every year. The polar cruise. Ive always wanted to get in on it but never have been able to get my act together. This year my Valiants down with voltage regulator, battery & possibly trans issues:mad:.

dang it
IRPOPS and i were going to cruise today.
but the weather is just plain ole cold-n-crappy
sooo
i am in the house setting up reloading equipment.;)

Cold isn't fun. 1 degree and windy when I left the house this morning. Old man winter needs to retire

It's 32 here. The darn wind is what makes my old house so cold. It was built in '53 with what they call balloon walls. The bottom of the walls are open to underneath the house. It's great in warmer weather for keeping the heat out but, it don't work too well in the cold.

High of maybe 34 today (its a heat wave!) temps back in the cellar by Sunday
...by the way heard propane is going for $4.25 a gal. :eek:---gonna get expensive for the rest of the year :mad: glad I don't need any .

i had 11º this morning. we have had a cool snap for the last couple days. we should be in the low 50's today, and maybe the 60's over the weekend. the temp is going back down monday night and we should be above freezing around thursday.

When I started this morning it was -2 and now up to 15. I've spent all day trying to get things running and then trying to unthaw the hydraulics. I've got everything going but I've only got 2.5 hrs of daylight left. It just don't seam practical does it lol

We are all growing tired of the -15 to 10 degree F temps and winds here too... Sure makes it tough to justify going out to work in the garage when you are using propane like crazy to make it bearable.

Went up to Cornfield customs yesterday, -2 when we left and 15 when we got back. This global warming is starting to get to me!

CHECK OUT THIS FORECAST FOR TOME NEW MEXICO
according to weather.com. Hope they are right.
[cl:D[cl:D[cl:D[cl
Thu Jan 30

Mostly Sunny
70°
38°
Mostly Sunny
Chance of rain:0% Wind:WSW at 14 mph
Details

Fri Jan 31

Partly Cloudy / Wind
68°
29°
Partly Cloudy / Wind
Chance of rain:0% Wind:WSW at 20 mph

CHECK OUT THIS FORECAST FOR TOME NEW MEXICO
according to weather.com. Hope they are right.
[cl:D[cl:D[cl:D[cl
Thu Jan 30

Mostly Sunny
70°
38°
Mostly Sunny
Chance of rain:0% Wind:WSW at 14 mph
Details

Fri Jan 31

Partly Cloudy / Wind
68°
29°
Partly Cloudy / Wind
Chance of rain:0% Wind:WSW at 20 mph
YAY US!
VROOOM!
SKREEE!
etc....

It's supposed to even snow in Northern Florida ! :eek: I knew I kept driving further south when we moved here for a reason ! :D:D I think I'll take my roadster out today.

Don

Latest posts

Back